Control arms. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Control arms.

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Raimundo
1993 ZJ 

Control arms.

Has anyone used front control arms from autozone?. Are they good?

Raimundo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Uppers or lowers ? I run em with no problems

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Raimundo
1993 ZJ 

Both. Since I replaced stock (they looked a little cracked) for Autozone ones, I feel like the front is loose, and when I take regular road bumps at 60 or so I get this vibration. The hall front end is new and every single part,(tie rods etc) are really tight with NO play at all, but I noticed that the new arms,,,,, the metal is slightly thinner and the robber is not as hard as stock. I was thinking about getting JKS or something similar, but they are expensive. I only have like an inch or so lift since I put new variable rate coil springs, which gives me that little lift, what do you think?
Unread 06-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Did you get a alignment?

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

I've used autozone tranny mount and front lower control arms they seem fine to me.. my originals looked like this..

Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
jt_armstrong
1994 ZJ 

Moog control arms from rockauto are about half the price of the duralast units from Autozone. I have no personal experience of the duralast units but before i changed my control arms earlier in the year I asked what brand people recommend and the very large majority of peeps here said Moog.
jt_armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
Raimundo
1993 ZJ 

Yes, I did alignment,balancing and the rims are brand new, I went alloy wheels(aluminum), I'm waiting for a new adjustable track bar since now the jeep is a little higher, but I still have that "feel" and a little vibration around 55-65 mph.
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #8
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Pinion angle or u joints

Unread 06-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #9
MasterOne
1998 ZJ 

I would rather buy from RockAuto and get a name brand part for my Jeep, such as: Moog, Raybestos, ACDelco, etc., than a store branded part. Who makes DuraLast? RockAuto has been good to me over the years, has good prices, and no sales tax where I am.
MasterOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #10
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOne View Post
I would rather buy from RockAuto and get a name brand part for my Jeep, such as: Moog, Raybestos, ACDelco, etc., than a store branded part. Who makes DuraLast? RockAuto has been good to me over the years, has good prices, and no sales tax where I am.
Pretty sure Duralast is an Autozone company. Their batteries are pretty good. Not control arms but some battery info that is irrelevant to this thread

http://bestbatterytips.com/tags/who-...ast-batteries/
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

We carry them for both the front and rears. Here's a link for them on our website.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Control Arms - Front

Jeep Grand Cherokee Control Arms - Rear

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.