Control arm question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Control arm question

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

Control arm question

So I've been tracking down a DW problem and have gotten to changing the front lower control arm bushings (they are toast). The question I have is does it matter which direction the bushings are facing? I actually bought the entire control arms with bushings already in place and they are both identical. And it appears that the front bushing is the one with the hollow spots. The problem is that if I install the passenger side, as it is, the bushing will be installed in the opposite direction from the original. I don't think it matters, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks ahead of time.

Unread 08-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Stock are the same also . Mine have the flange side towards the driver's side on both sides . Arms are identical and the bushings only go in the arm one way . Shouldn't matter which way they get installed provided the proper bushing is on the axle side since yours appear to have the factory style bushing
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

That's the weird thing. The original one on the passenger side had the flange pointing in the opposite direction. But i figured it was more important to have the proper bushing up front.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.