control arm bolts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > control arm bolts

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 05-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
Kreeper
1994 ZJ 

control arm bolts

does anyone know of a specific company that carries suspension bolts for the control arms on a 94 zj or maybe someone knows the size and thread pitch i would need,thanks in advance.

Kreeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

A well equipped hardware store,take one out and match it up
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Kreeper
1994 ZJ 

thanks for pointing out the obvious but i was wanting the size and thread pitch so i can have everything on hand to do the job when i get my vacation time.
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Gotcha,cant help ya there.good luck
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

I went to every parts store within 50 miles and no one had or could even get them. I have a 94 also. Had to order from the stealership. You don't wanna know what I had pay! 8 bolts 8 nuts. $100.00.
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

Holder, I'll update in 5 minutes when I've looked at the parts film.

Uppers are varying length bolts at stock, but I ended up using M10x1.5x80 for all of them.

Lowers M14x2.0x100, the book says 105mm but I didn't have any issues substituting 100mm. (Couldn't find a 105mm bolt outside of stealership.

(Axle side front lowers are cam adjuster bolts. Rockauto stocks them, and they shouldn't be too hard to find elsewhere.)

All of them are 10.9 bolts, and I'd recommend prevailing torque lock nuts as well as a pair of washers for every bolt. (The original bolts are flanged)

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

I thought lowers were 14mm(9/16")..definitely not m10...

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I thought lowers were 14mm(9/16")..definitely not m10...
Yup, I don't know how I managed that typo. M10 bolts don't come in 2.0 threading though so hopefully no harm no foul.

Corrected and I couldn't find any other typos.

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
Kreeper
1994 ZJ 

that's what I was asking for,thank you.i have a business account at fastenal so I will start looking Monday.
Unread 05-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
rcorn79135
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHalfWit View Post
Holder, I'll update in 5 minutes when I've looked at the parts film.

Uppers are varying length bolts at stock, but I ended up using M10x1.5x80 for all of them.

Lowers M14x2.0x100, the book says 105mm but I didn't have any issues substituting 100mm. (Couldn't find a 105mm bolt outside of stealership.

(Axle side front lowers are cam adjuster bolts. Rockauto stocks them, and they shouldn't be too hard to find elsewhere.)

All of them are 10.9 bolts, and I'd recommend prevailing torque lock nuts as well as a pair of washers for every bolt. (The original bolts are flanged)
That's good info, TheHalfWit. There ought to be a place to store it on the site for quick & easy reference (a sticky, perhaps) as I'm sure this question will come up again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.