Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

comments on this dana 30 locker

871 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  jtsjeep99 
#1 ·
#3 ·
i cant get to ebay here, but i can tell you the aussie is a lunch box locker. in that if you go around a corner it has the ability to unlock. unless you hit the gas then it will lock and wont allow the racheting action to occur. I have an assuie in my d44a and it works great on the trail, and round town, the only catch is snow its gets a little crazy

#6 ·
thats good. i would go with the aussie, its cheaper, they both are pretty much the same thing just different brands. they only engauge under power. both will click around corners. you will pretty much only be able to drive your jeep in 2wd on pavement.

#7 ·
Search??? Google??? Lockright and Aussie are pretty much the two biggest names in the automatic locker industry. I can't believe you've never herd of them! Either one will work great as long as you have an auto/full time TC.

#8 ·
i am curious (sorry, still new to the whole locker thing) if you have a AWD (247) tc And only have the rear aussie locked, does that do anything to the TC or no? and around town its fine? it doesnt eat up tires or anything?

#10 ·
isnt this lockright like a detriot tru trac? when the tires starts to spin it catches, or is it just a full time locker, cuz i want something that doesnt have to be locked all the time for turning and such.

#11 ·
No a Deroit True Trac is a limited slip not a locker. The TT will never lock the diff 100%. A lockrite or Aussie will lock the diff 100% any time power is applied to the diff.

As long as you run your TC in 2wd, an automatic locker will remain unlocked in the front axle, allowing "ratcheting" during turning. The only downside to the auto locker in the front axle is that you lose the ability to run in 4wd on-road.

Kramer, you can run an auto locker in the rear axle with any TC.

#13 ·
For the front a Tru-Track is best in my opinion. People who have the Aussie or Lock-right have broken parts but if you're not on the pedal too hard they will work great. A Tru-Track is less likely to break parts and has near locker like performance. Thats what I've decided to go with. You have the Selec-trac so your OK as long as you don't use 4wd on dry pavement. You pretty much have to be on slick surface or dirt to be safe. If you had the Quadra-Trac II (247) its full time and you can't use anything but a selectable locker in the front cause the auto lockers lock when power is applied and that is all the time with the QTII. You will lose full-time in your Sele-Trac.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.