Command Center says "Rear Light Failure" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Command Center says "Rear Light Failure"

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
RichB

Command Center says "Rear Light Failure"

Hello - I have a message on the command information center ( 95 GCL) that indicates that I have a rear lamp failure.

All the taillights work properly......how do I get this message to go away?

Any help is appreciated?

Thanks - Rich

RichB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

how long has it been up?

if it just appeared then start with the basics, you have a 3rd brake light that has 2-3 bulbs right? check it and make sure they are all working. i did a writeup but im not sure it will help you>http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...re-fix-859010/ walmart also sells the bulbs.

if replacing the bulbs doesnt work then you might have a bad connection so make sure they are clean.

hope that helps.
taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
my-jeep-earl
1971 CJ5 

I've got the same problem with my '97 all my tail lights worked, couldn't figure it out. Then one day I noticed it was my third brake light, I'll probably fix it this weekend.
my-jeep-earl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
RichB

Thanks for the advice - I will change out the bulbs to see if that helps
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
MN_NATV
1995 ZJ 

Or you can do what I did, yank the VIC, gut it and mount a trans temp gauge in the shell. Plus you'll have extra room for switches for lights, air compressor, lockers, etc.
MN_NATV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.