Command Center says "Rear Light Failure" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Command Center says "Rear Light Failure"

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
RichB

Command Center says "Rear Light Failure"

Hello - I have a message on the command information center ( 95 GCL) that indicates that I have a rear lamp failure.

All the taillights work properly......how do I get this message to go away?

Any help is appreciated?

Thanks - Rich

RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

how long has it been up?

if it just appeared then start with the basics, you have a 3rd brake light that has 2-3 bulbs right? check it and make sure they are all working. i did a writeup but im not sure it will help you>http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...re-fix-859010/ walmart also sells the bulbs.

if replacing the bulbs doesnt work then you might have a bad connection so make sure they are clean.

hope that helps.
taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
my-jeep-earl
1971 CJ5 

I've got the same problem with my '97 all my tail lights worked, couldn't figure it out. Then one day I noticed it was my third brake light, I'll probably fix it this weekend.
my-jeep-earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
RichB

Thanks for the advice - I will change out the bulbs to see if that helps
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
MN_NATV
1995 ZJ 

Or you can do what I did, yank the VIC, gut it and mount a trans temp gauge in the shell. Plus you'll have extra room for switches for lights, air compressor, lockers, etc.
MN_NATV is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.