Cold weather overdrive trick - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cold weather overdrive trick

50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 01-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #16
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

This valve will allow converter to fill in park and rapidly,supposedly cutting down on wear internally.
http://www.sonnax.com/parts/1835

Unread 01-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #17
kachink
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
i cant answer true or false cuz the bottom line is IDK.

i looked at the fsm and it is unclear on what the fluid is doing in park. no fluid is moved in the tc in park, but i'm not sure what the rest of the hydraulic system is doing. fsm is very clear what the fluid does while in the different gear positions. it stands to reason that since the pump is being driven by the tc hub at all times, the pump has to move some fluid.

It looks to me like that in neutral it moves more fluid than in park. the extent of the difference is unknown to me. So my guess is that the fluid being moved in park would warm up faster than the fluid moving while in neutral. But the second you put it in gear, the cold fluid from the TC is added to the mixture and cools it back down.

So you still have a theory... of someone who's guessing
If you you had fluid being pumped and idled long enough for the engine thermostat to open you'd start to get some heat exchange opposite the intended way from the fluid being pumped thru the radiator trans "cooler".
kachink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.