cold air intake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > cold air intake

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
birdman73

cold air intake

I am in the market for a cold air intake for my GC ltd. Just looking for some input from board members on what one's work better than others. I have a 2000 GC with 4.7L. I also have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust installed.

Unread 07-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
KevinM90
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have the 5.2, but I recently put on a AEM brute force, with a heat sheild and it added a noticable amount of power, and the sound is very addicting. I think as long as you get a nice one with a good heat sheild you will notice a big difference over just sticking a cone filter in there.
my .2
Unread 07-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
Max78
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I bought a K&N setup from Kolak. It has better throttle response, but I don’t feel any power difference. It also sounds bad ***! My MPG when down after I put it on, but that’s sauce I kept putting my foot into it to hear it . There is one thing im really worried about. I took my filter off a few days ago changing out my sparkplugs and I noticed that there was dust in the tube!!! I followed the K&N instructions to the letter but I still got dust in there. So I’m going to look for a thicker filter or something else.
Unread 07-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

That's strange, Max. I just have a cheap Ebay cone filter that works the same as the K&N, oil on cotton gauze, and it works fine. I haven't had issues with dust in the tube. I know that Amsoil has a dry filter that might work for your application. It's like $80 though.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
volvite
1999 WJ 

I have a K&N for 2 years now and love it. I have a 99 WJ with the 4.7 and it works really well. I think it gave it a deeper throat. I've been waiting to buy a Magnaflow exhaust but have yet to do so.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.