Coil spacers??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Coil spacers???

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Reply
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
drobes34
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Muncie, Indiana
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
it's more likely the spring would come off the retention post going down the middle, not the puck or spring shooting out. So it would be happening in a flex situation where that side was dropped and the spring has no pressure on it. Make sense?
Ya makes sense that's y I thought it would be a good idea to have a post in there

drobes34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
tucsonzj
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by drobes34 View Post
Ya makes sense that's y I thought it would be a good idea to have a post in there
not required, as I said, extra security. Same as setting your bumpstops to the correct height after you lift it. Honeslty I just bought the IRO post extensions, because it's 20 bucks and I'm lazy sometimes.
__________________
"washing it inside and out is on my to-do, eventually, maybe, if I have time, OOOH angle grinder."
tucsonzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
drobes34
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Muncie, Indiana
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post

not required, as I said, extra security. Same as setting your bumpstops to the correct height after you lift it. Honeslty I just bought the IRO post extensions, because it's 20 bucks and I'm lazy sometimes.
Lmao me to but I can't help but be a red neck
drobes34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #19
um7267
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 392
honestly, though i think there should be more concern about the fact that a single screw and a hook shaped metal piece hold the base of the spring in, that screw or metal rusts our and bye bye spring
__________________
2004 Lexus Es330, alive; 1999 Cherokee Sport
1998 Grand Cherokee, sold
1997 Grand Cherokee; Black and Gold, Limited 4.0....RIP 2005
to the good times and the bad, the family we have and lost, little brother 1988-2011
um7267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #20
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler
 
WhiteOut's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by um7267 View Post
honestly, though i think there should be more concern about the fact that a single screw and a hook shaped metal piece hold the base of the spring in, that screw or metal rusts our and bye bye spring
Even without the tabs, the spring won't just pop out. If that portion rusts out, you've got bigger issues since that is all tied to where the coils ride.

And it's a bolt that threads in.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.