Coil spacer installation question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Coil spacer installation question

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
hike4it
2004 WJ 

Coil spacer installation question

I just installed some BDS 2" coils and still have a 3/4" rake in front so I ordered 3/4" coil spacers. I was looking at them and started thinking Doesnt the stock doughnut have ruber tabs that stick into the frame? so will I just put these in first then followed by the stock doughnut and then coil and thats it
The one side of the 3/4" spacer is flat while the other side is concaved so does the flat go against the frame and the concave point down?????
Anyone got a picture of this completed for refference?

hike4it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

Good question, my 3/4" spacers (still waiting for my OME's to settle in...) look nothing like the 2" ones I used to have. I'm not sure how they are supposed to be installed.
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
hike4it
2004 WJ 

anyone? Anyone??
Unread 01-28-2009, 02:36 AM   #4
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

you put the spacer between the spring isolator (stock doughnut) and the spring..

you stack them in this order from the top

jeep body/frame
spring isolator (stock doughnut as you call it)
3/4" spacer (with concave facing spring..)
spring
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
hike4it
2004 WJ 

311wj Thanx for the info kinda funny that I put in my coils no questions asked but need help with a 3/4" spacer hahahahahahah

BTW your avatar pic is sick my WJ is more daily driver and hunting scouting ride. got a 02 2500 diesle (chevy ) for Hunting

thanx brotha
Jeff
Unread 01-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #6
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311WJ View Post
you put the spacer between the spring isolator (stock doughnut) and the spring..

you stack them in this order from the top

jeep body/frame
3/4" spacer (with concave facing spring..)
springspring isolator (stock doughnut as you call it)
Spring

Fixed It for you....

See:
http://www.nagca.com/grandtech/Tech%...ifT_spacer.jpg
http://www.nagca.com/grandtech/Tech%...eassembled.jpg
http://www.nagca.com/grandtech/Tech%...mbled_rear.jpg
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

^ is for the rear only, follow 311's instructions for the front (I think? I haven't installed my spacers in yet because my springs haven't sagged yet) because 3/4" spacers look like this:

gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
hike4it
2004 WJ 

OOOOH BOOOOY Now Im really F%^$%D Up

So which way is it? You are right Gatorayde the Front 3/4" spacer is different ( its just like your pic )

Is it
Spacer - isolator - Coil ?????
or
Isolator- Spacer- Coil?
Unread 01-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #9
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hike4it View Post
OOOOH BOOOOY Now Im really F%^$%D Up

So which way is it? You are right Gatorayde the Front 3/4" spacer is different ( its just like your pic )

Is it
Spacer - Oem isolator - Coil ?????
or
Isolator- Spacer- Coil?
I think if the spacer is like the one Gatorayde posted than 311WJ was right. sorry to confuse things I didn't know that 3/4'' ones were different.
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #10
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

well if the spacer looks like the ones wjo4 posted, than he is right. that's how my bb was exactly.. I'm not sure bout the thin ones.. so how bout you post a pic of the spacer.. or tell us what brand it is so we can look. ever kit is different. some kits actually have you put the smaller spacers on the bottom of the spring..

and thanks. i love my jeep.. have you looked at the Rig of the month? there are lot of sweet jeeps in there that need your vote.. the link is in my sig...
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #11
hike4it
2004 WJ 

The spacer I have is the exact same one ( front 3/4" ) in the pic that Gatorayde posted
Unread 01-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #12
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

i still think wjo4 is right and that it goes between the frame and the isolator..
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.