Resurecting an old post for the same P1494 code. Vehicle is a 1998 ZJ GC (4.0L). Thanks to previous posters for some good info.
This gets a little complicated so bear with me please...
I have just completed several repairs:
- Replaced the PCM due to the infamous random stalling problem.
- Replaced the backup light/shift lock-out switch (backup lights were not working)
- While replacing the above switch I noticed the vacuum line from the LDP system was separated at a rubber coupling under the body midway to the gas tank. So I repaired that.
Now I have developed two issues that I suspect are connected somehow.
- The P1494 code. I have reset the code but it comes back.
- I cannot fill the gas tank without the pump shutting off. If I rotate the pump handle so it's upside-down it seems to fill OK.
So I am about to dive into this issue and will be checking both ends of the car (LDP/EVAP system & fuel filler assembly). But just thought I'd ask for some guidence if anyone has ideas as to if, and/or how, these two issues may be connected.
Is the code a result of a problem at the fuel filler, or is the fueling problem a result of an issue at the LDP/EVAP system?
Is it possible the remanufactered PCM is a factor? The previous unit did not throw a P1494 code, but clearly the previous PCM was not healthy.
Or is it just bad luck and they are not related at all (which with my luck is probably the case!)