code p0138 bank one sensor 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > code p0138 bank one sensor 2

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
leechris
1996 ZJ 

code p0138 bank one sensor 2

this is the code guys I know it's rear o2 sensor and it has been replaced by jeep twice i left jeep tonight and got three miles and the check engine light came back on can anyone help with some advice? thanks guys!

leechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
MAO
1998 ZJ 

I was told if your catalytic converter is bad, this will happen. Made sense to me. Isn't that what the rear o2 sensor is for?

Last edited by MAO; 01-13-2010 at 10:10 PM..
MAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
leechris
1996 ZJ 

p0138 is rear o2 high voltage right?
leechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
MAO
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leechris View Post
p0138 is rear o2 high voltage right?
I believe so. Is is definitely an issue with the post-cat sensor. The challenge is finding out why the code is being thrown. Just replacing the sensor does not always fix the error. Iit can be anything from the sensor wire grounding itself somewhere upstream to a bad converter. In my case, my cat was original with almost 200,000 miles and rusty. It was a safe assumption it probably wasn't doing its job anymore. It wasn't worth doing an emissions test to find out, and use the money saved towards the purchase.

I think I paid around $130 online for an OEM replacement. Since I was replacing my whole exhaust system anyway (my o2 sensors fused themselves into the system), I figure the price was worth the peace of mind down the road and might help resell value for people concerned with passing emissions.

Last edited by MAO; 01-13-2010 at 10:20 PM..
MAO is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.