Code 37 help 97 zj 2wd laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Code 37 help 97 zj 2wd laredo

Steinjager TJ tube doorsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
97ZJ-Ryan95
1997 ZJ 

Code 37 help 97 zj 2wd laredo

I started up the jeep this morning and drove maybe half a mile before I heard the ping of and see the check engine light turn on. Pull into a parking lot, turn it off and on, runs perfectly. Drive another 3 or 4 miles and decide to take it home and run the codes. Got code 37, looked it up and found it was a circuit/solenoid related to the torque converter. I've done some searching through threads on here and haven't found a way to diagnose exactly what needs to be fixed.

It was driving and shifting as usual the whole time. I have tools at home and can find parts but have no idea where to find the various places to check sensors. I saw somewhere that there is a plate on the front of the transmission. Is there anything in there that I should inspect and would I have to drop or remove anything to get to it.

1997 ZJ I6
2wd, d35 w/ positrac. I believe the transmission is 42re.

97ZJ-Ryan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
97ZJ-Ryan95
1997 ZJ 

Update p0753 - trans 3-4 shift sol/trans relay Circuits.

Current state if output port for the solenoid is different from expected state. I drove the jeep and let it run through the shifts, worked perfectly, any way to clear the code or check the actual solenoid?

Thanks in advance
97ZJ-Ryan95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.