Code 1686- Skim Module. Help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Code 1686- Skim Module. Help?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Code 1686- Skim Module. Help?

So chrysler sucks. They removed all the local jeep dealers in the area. (Sf Bay area)

My dad has to drive 45 miles to san jose to get his jeep checked out, so I'd like to research this for him.

2004 wj, special edition, 4.7L. 4x4.

He has been getting a code. 1686.
P1686

"No SKIM BUS Messages Received- No CCD/J1850 messages received from the Smart Key Immobilizer Module (SKIM)."

No problems with the jeep, at all. Runs, drives great.

What can we do without the dealer?
If we do have to go down there, we will probably have to go again, for parts, or whatever.

Thanks.

srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.