Climate Control Console/Vehicle ID Center no longer work? Anybody help? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Climate Control Console/Vehicle ID Center no longer work? Anybody help?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
AJPUlse

Climate Control Console/Vehicle ID Center no longer work? Anybody help?

Hi there, I have a 94 GC Limited 4.0L I6. A few months ago, my climate control center along with my vehicle identification center stopped working. I have no control over the heat/AC and there is a constant warm air flow coming from the defrost. Also, the overhead info unit (that shows direction and outside temp) stopped working at the same time. It's not THAT big of a deal to me since I've lived with it since they went out, but I would love to figure out why they stopped and what I could do to remedy this!! Please help!!

edit: There display no longer works on the climate control panel or the vehicle ID center and the overhead unit shows direction, but not temp.

AJPUlse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

If they both went out simultaneously, logic would suggest a power/ground problem, which is easy enough to check for. First stop would be to check fuse 17 for the ATC (climate control unit). I don't think that a fuse is an issue for the VIC because it shares two fuses with the overhead console, and that's getting power, but check fuses 8 and 19 anyway.

The reason you're not seeing the temp on the overhead display is that the feed from the ambient temp sensor on the front of the Jeep is sent first to the ATC and then from there on to the overhead console via the CCD bus. If the ATC is not getting power then you won't get a temp readout on the console.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
AJPUlse

I checked every single fuse in both fuse boxes and none of them were bad.
AJPUlse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Then it's time to break out the multimeter and start checking for volts and good grounds at the harness connectors on the backs of the modules.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 03:07 AM   #5
Gratefulink
1994 ZJ 

I know its an antique...

Im having the same problem, and my heat no longer works....was this ever resolved or does anyone have any info or write ups on similar problems? 94 GC...
Gratefulink is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.