clearance is different per wheel well? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > clearance is different per wheel well?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Alotaglock
1998 ZJ 

clearance is different per wheel well?

Just wondering. I am about to put a budget lift on my jeep so I went around measuring heights of all my ground to wheel well clearances. they averaged between 31 1/8th to 31 7/8ths on the two fronts and rear passenger side. But the rear drivers side is 32 1/2" from ground to bottom of wheel well.. Is this normal? I have brand new tires with the right pressure and a all 4 new monroe matics shocks on it.. I'm no mac, but I like tinkering with vehicles and I'm new to jeeps. Also ground clearance from ground to the bottom of my jeep is around 14" on one side and 14 1/2" on the other.. Maybe its not a big deal just weird that every theing measures differently. Thanks, Aaron

Alotaglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Measure from the center of the wheel to the fender lip and report back.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

If the jeep was not sitting on flat level ground then such differences can be expected.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.