Chrysler recalls Jeeps...Get your free trailer hitch - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Chrysler recalls Jeeps...Get your free trailer hitch

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 06-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #106
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You would have to be crazy to buy a new car. Worst investment possible besides a boat maybe.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #107
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson

That is pretty much the opposite of everything I've read on the subject.
The jeeps that have been in these accidents were not trailer hitch-less. Most had aftermarket hitches. The uhaul, Weston, Reese, and a few others have sharper edges on the mounting brackets than a factory mopar hitch, and that is what is puncturing the tank.

At least that's what all of my research points at.
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #108
RB145
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
You would have to be crazy to buy a new car. Worst investment possible besides a boat maybe.
I would never buy a used car, its just buying someone else's problems.
RB145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #109
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

I don't like anything newer that I can't work on. Besides the cost...

Sent from my GS3 using JeepForum
EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #110
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB145

That's not always true. While 90% of the time sure. I bought my ZJ used and I haven't had one serious problem, other then it marking its territory everywhere I go. Some people will actually not screw people over when selling a vehicle.

Besides cars now a days are becoming computers them selves, requiring computers to fix them. These vehicles will probably do a way with the home mechanic. What happened to needing a screw driver to fix things, now you need a damn degree from MIT for computer programming.
Not to mention everything is made in china. Before cars were American. People had to pay attention to the way a car ran or how it sounded to diagnose problems now with all the noise dampening and sound proofing, you can't do anything to your car without looking for a check engine light. Using a Chinese scanner to tell what your Chinese vehicles problems are. Probably bird flu or whatever they have over there.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #111
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikTheRad View Post
Yikes, some of you folks really need to adjust your understanding of "free". Just because its free to you doesn't make it free. Someone, somewhere, in some way, is paying your bill. NOTHING is free. Quit being so friggin' selfish. Its this "gimme my freebies" attitude that is the single largest burden on America today, why our nation is crumbling around us, and is also the key reason we ended up with what is the inarguably the worst/most corrupt president and government in American history. There are simply too many hands the free government cookie jar. But hey, they're free cookies, right? Why not take em if they're free, right? Free food stamps! Free healthcare! Free welfare checks! Free rent!! Free trailer hitches! FREE FREE FREE!!! YAY for me, its all free!!

When our Founding Fathers dubbed America "The Land Of The Free", I don't think this is what they meant. Grow up and realize that your free lunch was paid for by someone else. Mighta been free to YOU, but it wasn't really free. Its a very simple concept and if you can't understand it, its only because you don't want to. As for these trailer hitches, you'll see the cost of them reflected in all sorts of things Chrysler sells and services. You'll pay for it next time you buy a more expensive Dodge, or get a more expensive repair, or even just buy a more expensive part. And what REALLY sucks is, I ain't gonna go get my "free" hitch yet I still get to pay for all the people who do. Yup, its the new liberal American way--- soak the makers and reward the takers.
So how much do you suspect your share of that "everybody gets a free hitch" bill is? Maybe a couple hundredths of a cent, if that? Hey, I pay my taxes, you don't see me complaining.
Seems to me the problem with this country is everybody wants to place blame on somebody else. We did a lot better when we didn't complain all the time and we all worked together instead of infighting all the time.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #112
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Theres not a very good chance ill buy another new chrysler product.Ill buy another new car but it will be something that will hold its value not like a dodge lol where you paid too much for it as soon as you drive it off the lot it looses more than half the value.
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #113
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB145 View Post
Not anymore. Used cars today are pretty reliable. A new car is a total waste. You could buy a used car now a days and run it until it dies then buy another one and you still would never come close to spending what you would on a new car which promptly loses value right after. Nor would you have a payment.
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #114
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Quote:

Not anymore. Used cars today are pretty reliable. A new car is a total waste. You could buy a used car now a days and run it until it dies then buy another one and you still would never come close to spending what you would on a new car which promptly loses value right after. Nor would you have a payment.
Cheaper to pay and fix someone else's problems than that new cars ~$30,000 price tag too

EndIsNear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #115
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndIsNear View Post
Cheaper to pay and fix someone else's problems than that new cars ~$30,000 price tag too

Not only that, new cars also have problems and they have restrictions due to warranties unless you pay at the dealer. Then you spend hours at the dealer trying to get it taken care of. Your not free to take them anywhere else because they will void the warranty. Like you are trapped.

My Acura TL had problems. Nothing like paying 33,000 dollars only to have the gear shifter top come apart, the chrome rub off the plastic A symbol, rear clunking, leather seats deforming, and may other little cheap build quality defects. I could understand that happening with an inexpensive used car but not with something that cost so much. That was pretty much the last time I bought new and will ever.

The only "new car" I would even be interested in buying "if" I decided to would be a Cadillac CTSV or the CTSV wagon. Other than that there are plenty of 4x4's, muscle cars, and econo boxes at a much lower cost than to get ripped off again.
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #116
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Yup. If it flies, f___s, or floats...it's gonna cost money and be a pain in the azz.

As a life long boat owner.....B.O.A.T.= break out another thousand.

Cars arent investments for the most part....they are "USE assets"....as opposed to "invested assets".

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #117
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

The only "new car" I would even be interested in buying "if" I decided to would be a Cadillac CTSV or the CTSV wagon. Other than that there are plenty of 4x4's, muscle cars, and econo boxes at a much lower cost than to get ripped off again.
You would buy a new caddy? eww. way to cheap looking for me id rather have a lexus.
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #118
rcMikeS1990
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post

You would buy a new caddy? eww. way to cheap looking for me id rather have a lexus.
Just buy the cheaper toyota version of what you want. Same car, different name
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #119
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
Have you seen the specs on the CTSV?
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #120
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

Not only that, new cars also have problems and they have restrictions due to warranties unless you pay at the dealer. Then you spend hours at the dealer trying to get it taken care of. Your not free to take them anywhere else because they will void the warranty. Like you are trapped.

My Acura TL had problems. Nothing like paying 33,000 dollars only to have the gear shifter top come apart, the chrome rub off the plastic A symbol, rear clunking, leather seats deforming, and may other little cheap build quality defects. I could understand that happening with an inexpensive used car but not with something that cost so much. That was pretty much the last time I bought new and will ever.

Not exactly correct,if you have a warranty issue,yes the dealer needs to repair the vehicle,however you can take your car to any mechanice or do the work yourself such as oil changes and what not and you will not void the warranty,if anyone questions that,look up the magnuson-moss warranty act
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.