Chrysler recalls Jeeps...Get your free trailer hitch - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Chrysler recalls Jeeps...Get your free trailer hitch

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutIntroducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 06-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #91
two98ZJs
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Dammit! They destroyed a perfectly good 59 Belair to prove a point??? Why didnt they use a Rambler or Valient or sumthin else??

I dont need no stiiiiiiiinking trailer hitch.

Very good point. What average today's car going to get to the GC fuel tank? Well, it isn't going to be sign-board front faced '59 Chevy, it's more app to be a '05 and later wedged faced front drive car.

Chrysler, is looking at the Jeep driver as an average freeway goon. That couldn't be further from the truth, most Jeep herders are just two steps of honorary master degree in mechanical technology holders just to keep the beast on the road. Geeze, Chrysler, get out and serve your buyers more respect.

Do I hear a Hooha on that?

"Isn't a 'near-miss' somewhat of a 'hit'??????"
two98ZJs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #92
jeepinbassist
1995 ZJ 

I'll take the new hitch and weld the receiver onto the front bumper I'm building.
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #93
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post

Hey now, I remember riding to school in an old Rambler with a 3-speed transmission which shifted by buttons on the dash! It too was a classic but not like the 59 finned Belair which was a real classic. Take out all the Valients you want!.
Probably some Edsels out there that could be put out of their misery too
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #94
EndIsNear
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsurratt View Post
You are what is wrong with America. Free stuff, wooooo hoooo! Nothing is free in life boy. As soon as you learn that you might be DD'ing a better than a Zj. Our country is in a **** basket with this mentality. Man up a little.
No, the Government is what is wrong with America. The people of the US have no choice. The People don't run this country anymore. Live with it. If you think one should "man up" a little, then that should mean take what you can get because this country is going to hell. I'm damn sure going to take advantage of the situation. Because nobody is going to give a rats a$$ what happens to me. Our country is ALWAYS going to be a sh*tbasket from now on. This country will not get better. Ever. But I'm pretty sure it's going to get worse. The government doesnt support me, I support them. So all in all, this new hitch is already "bought" by me.
EndIsNear is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #95
Rich93ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndIsNear View Post
No, the Government is what is wrong with America. The people of the US have no choice. The People don't run this country anymore. Live with it. If you think one should "man up" a little, then that should mean take what you can get because this country is going to hell. I'm damn sure going to take advantage of the situation. Because nobody is going to give a rats a$$ what happens to me. Our country is ALWAYS going to be a sh*tbasket from now on. This country will not get better. Ever. But I'm pretty sure it's going to get worse. The government doesnt support me, I support them. So all in all, this new hitch is already "bought" by me.
WoooooooW.
Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #96
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I don't know what the big deal is if you don't want whatever they give out don't go in simple but also don't ridicule those of us who are going in because its not going to change our minds. Everyone is different and you can't keep everyone happy so live with it. I'm still going in if i get the letter.
xcaliber81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #97
CJATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJATE View Post
In other news. My sister in law refuses to drive her liberty until its "fixed". They were headed to trade it in when this recall was announced.

Now it sits waiting for the official letter. Furthermore she can't drive a stick so she can't leave the house.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
And now they are looking for a place to park it for 6 weeks or so,,, just waiting on the letter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #98
LaneZJ
1996 ZJ 

First point I'd like to make, Chrystler is getting reports of the gas tank getting pushed into the rear end and puncturing it... they should have known not to do that after the Ford pinto had the same issue. That's as far as I want to dive into that. Secondly, As an 18 year old, I think Chryster is handling this well. I may not ever even use the tow package, but I like being over prepared.
LaneZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #99
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

A gas tank fire is like the golden BB that pilots speak of. Given the right (or wrong) circumstances, it can happen to any automotive fuel tank.

Take the ... what was it?... 80-85ish Chevy pickups that had similar problems with side impact? One of my friends burned up in one of those. Volkswagen Beetle, same thing.

After thinking on it, I may have one put on if they offer, but only to help sell it. It will sell better with a hitch. I'm not concerned about the safety aspect of it.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #100
eagsc7
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
A gas tank fire is like the golden BB that pilots speak of. Given the right (or wrong) circumstances, it can happen to any automotive fuel tank.

Take the ... what was it?... 80-85ish Chevy pickups that had similar problems with side impact? One of my friends burned up in one of those. Volkswagen Beetle, same thing.

After thinking on it, I may have one put on if they offer, but only to help sell it. It will sell better with a hitch. I'm not concerned about the safety aspect of it.
I used to own a Ford Explorer(Exploder)... What was the issue there?
eagsc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #101
Metallheadd
1998 ZJ 

Lets not forget the Bronco II and the Suzuki Samurai.
Metallheadd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #102
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

The ZJ will never go the way of the Pinto or Corvair. They have value other than how the public perceives their road worthiness.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #103
NinetySevenZJay
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Im with you.

This might be a dumb question but will letters go out to owners that bought their zj's used? Or only the original owners?
NinetySevenZJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #104
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetySevenZJay

Im with you.

This might be a dumb question but will letters go out to owners that bought their zj's used? Or only the original owners?
If you've updated the address with jeep. It will go to you. I imagine that they could access the registered owners through the DMV and send them that way.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 03:43 AM   #105
ErikTheRad
1993 ZJ 

Yikes, some of you folks really need to adjust your understanding of "free". Just because its free to you doesn't make it free. Someone, somewhere, in some way, is paying your bill. NOTHING is free. Quit being so friggin' selfish. Its this "gimme my freebies" attitude that is the single largest burden on America today, why our nation is crumbling around us, and is also the key reason we ended up with what is the inarguably the worst/most corrupt president and government in American history. There are simply too many hands the free government cookie jar. But hey, they're free cookies, right? Why not take em if they're free, right? Free food stamps! Free healthcare! Free welfare checks! Free rent!! Free trailer hitches! FREE FREE FREE!!! YAY for me, its all free!!

When our Founding Fathers dubbed America "The Land Of The Free", I don't think this is what they meant. Grow up and realize that your free lunch was paid for by someone else. Mighta been free to YOU, but it wasn't really free. Its a very simple concept and if you can't understand it, its only because you don't want to. As for these trailer hitches, you'll see the cost of them reflected in all sorts of things Chrysler sells and services. You'll pay for it next time you buy a more expensive Dodge, or get a more expensive repair, or even just buy a more expensive part. And what REALLY sucks is, I ain't gonna go get my "free" hitch yet I still get to pay for all the people who do. Yup, its the new liberal American way--- soak the makers and reward the takers.
ErikTheRad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.