Chrysler recalls Jeeps...Get your free trailer hitch - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Chrysler recalls Jeeps...Get your free trailer hitch

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #151
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

I bought a PCM ( more than one) and I paid my taxes. "They" gave my taxes to Chrysler. So.....Oh heck yeah, I want my hitch ! I PAID for it and I want it, even if I use it for a paper weight. At least I got something for my money that way. Dad always told me to receive "value" for every penny I spend, and there's no sense in changing that habit now....not at this age. It has served me well.

Besides, I like to read the rants in here. Cheap entertainment.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #152
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

LOL Oldfrog!

And if were going by that mindset.. The dealer installed a new rebuilt PCM in my ZJ, charged me an-arm-and-a-leg, and it was one of those high-quality PCM's ordered out of Miami/smuggled in from Cuba. But they failed to clean off the coil stud ground wire which caused my OE PCM to go out in the first place. Needless to say the rebuilt one burned up in less than a year and took the crank sensor out with it. So replaced the PCM myself under warranty, along with the crank sensor I bought, since didn't trust the dealer anymore. So they owe me!

And that brings to mind I paid for the tow package when new but didn't get a hitch. So I paid to have my own installed.

When the cat recall came out mine had already come apart inside so had a shop install a whole new exhaust. Later sent the bill to Chrysler, they paid for just the cat/labor to install it, and issued me a check for $300.

So shouldn't the trailer hitch I paid for work the same way?? I don't need 2; show me the money!!

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #153
chrism1367
2003 WJ 

Well one thing that is truely free, is the entertainment on this forum about this recall!
chrism1367 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #154
um7267
1998 ZJ 

anyone here anything more about this recall?
to the good times and the bad, the family we have and lost, little brother 1988-2011
um7267 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #155
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by um7267
Nothing had been confirmed as far as I know, but from what I hear if the current owner has their information updated with Chrysler, they will receive a letter to go the dealer, if the vehicle didn't come from the factory with a hitch.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #156
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by um7267 View Post
Chrysler will begin sending out recall info/instruction sheets this month sometime
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #157
eagsc7
1994 ZJ 

Woohoo! I checked the mail today, and nothing yet.
eagsc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #158
orvisss
1995 ZJ 

I needed a hitch anyway... Now I don't have to pay for it. As to rear ending and going up in the flames... Heh, somehow I'm not impressed
orvisss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #159
caseyliffick
1995 ZJ 

Yeah, I'm somewhat impatient as I have been wanting a hitch for a minute now. I've just been cleaning up my rear tire carrier, giving it extra coats of paint so that it's all Purdy when ready to be mounted to the hitch. I just want it naaaaaooooo
caseyliffick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #160
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/14/au...anted=all&_r=0
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #161
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Why don't they just engineer a canister with a fire suppressant between the bumper and the gas tank with impact sensors that would deploy the chemical .

I got no plans or ideas to build it but there's gotta be a way . Think of the safety factor to sell a new vehicle with such a device installed , especially smaller cars .

It's hard to make fire prevention given the circumstances of some collisions , however , fire protection at least gives a person a chance via more time to escape/be rescued .

So there you go , a million dollar idea . Think I will attempt a design , if you beat me to it , don't forget my cut

I would prefer a skid plate over a hitch . Statistically , young people have more accidents , also , drive mostly small cars . I think the skid would offer as much protection in those circumstances . Both is as much as your gonna get but nothing is 100% .
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #162
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
Why don't they just engineer a canister with a fire suppressant between the bumper and the gas tank with impact sensors that would deploy the chemical .

I got no plans or ideas to build it but there's gotta be a way . Think of the safety factor to sell a new vehicle with such a device installed , especially smaller cars .

It's hard to make fire prevention given the circumstances of some collisions , however , fire protection at least gives a person a chance via more time to escape/be rescued .

So there you go , a million dollar idea . Think I will attempt a design , if you beat me to it , don't forget my cut

I would prefer a skid plate over a hitch . Statistically , young people have more accidents , also , drive mostly small cars . I think the skid would offer as much protection in those circumstances . Both is as much as your gonna get but nothing is 100% .
As cool as that sounds, I'm guessing a skid and hitch will be cheaper lol.
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #163
angry_trucker
1998 FSJ Cherokee 

Fire supression system on Crown Vic...
In this test the Crown gets rear ended by a Ford Taurus at incredible 76 MPH!

angry_trucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #164
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

wow at 76 mph that cop car was seriously smashed in and would probably be seriously hurt.
xcaliber81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #165
airwolf9090
1996 ZJ 

Now they could of just gave me that Crown Vic rather than killing it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.