Check Engine Code po300 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Check Engine Code po300

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
JeepgrlFl
1997 ZJ 

Check Engine Code po300

I keep getting a po300, 302, 303, 304, and 305 check engine light reading. I put in a fuel injector cleaner a month ago. I'm at a loss of what to do. My mechanic is no help and wants to charge me an arm and a leg to do bunch of things I didnt really understand. Any suggestions???

JeepgrlFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Please complete your profile about your Jeep.
Which engine? What year model?...etc.

Ok...haha...I see you were doing that as I was typing.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Multiple misfires.
Symptoms?

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Typically , a tune up will cure this issue . Plugs , wires , cap and rotor .

Occasionally , a weak coil can do it . Bad grounds might make the coil signal weak also . Check and clean connections

Fuel pressure should be tested with a gauge , and can cause the issue if not right

Bad or poor signal from the crank position sensor (CPS)

Check wires around exhaust for any shorts

Lastly , valve springs . 97-98 apparently saw a batch of weak springs . Jeep has a TSB to address that problem which is nothing more than replacing the valve springs and cleaning the carbon that typically builds up from this problem out the combustion chambers causing the mis-fires .

Attempt a good misting with a water hose while the engine is running . See if it starts running rough . Good ignition systems can handle a little water with no effect .

Disconnect the battery , clear the codes . Give 30 mins disconnected to be certain it's cleared . As soon as the jeep tosses a check engine light , check the codes ASAP , report results here .
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
johns1mj
1995 ZJ 

When you change your cap and rotor check the distributor shaft for movement. I have seen a couple of these "wobble" from the bushings going bad.
johns1mj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.