Check Engine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Check Engine

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-30-2002, 12:56 AM   #1
bradmere

Check Engine

A little over a month ago when it was starting to get cold outside i started my 96 6 cylnder jeep grand cherokee laredo and it almost died out until i pressed the gas and it started fine. A day later the check engine light came on and i got on the expressway and my jeep started to shake reall bad, then it stop and the check engine light blinked on and on. Every since then the light has been on and off on different days. When i idle the car shakes a little and the muffler is sputtering the exhaust. The computer checks that I have had done have indicated a cylinder misfire, first it was one or two and i replaced the wires, now it is all 6, and i have checked the distrubitor cap and the wires. The firing order is supposed to start with the number under the cap and it doesnt and when i change it to it the jeep wont start. I am not an expert with that kinda of stuff. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong and if they have a clue on what it could be.

Brad

bradmere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2002, 02:13 PM   #2
MJR

It's not uncommon to get a multiple misfire codes when you are running out of gas. The ZJ's did have a problem with fuel sending units going out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.