Cheap ZJ mods thread. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cheap ZJ mods thread.

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #61
jeepinbassist
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Murray, UT
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightluckey View Post
Which 194s? The regular domes? Get some inverted wedge 194's for the shifter, they throw light sideways so you get more light around the bulb, not just on top of it.

Attachment 531997
Those are the ones I got but they aren't bright enough.

jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #62
misfit77
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: tucson, az
Posts: 616
I agree that it looks good.
Ripping off your gas door while wheelin? What the hell are you doing that rips doors off? and if you are, this mod will now ensure your fender will get ripped off.

Then account for mud, thats not something I want to deal with when fueling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
Can't believe no one posted this one yet! Just finished it today.

=================================================
::::::: Mod Name: TJ Gas Bezel Mod
::::::: Why Worth It: Looks clean, gas door won't get ripped off wheeling
::::::: Cost: ~$15
::::::: Where to buy: JY, Quadratec, 4WD, wherever would sell a TJ gas bezel
::::::: Time required: 1-3hrs
::::::: Difficulty: Out of 10: 2-3 (the bolts for the door can be a PITA to get to)
::::::: DIY: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/t...el-zj-1129094/
::::::: Picture(s):
=================================================
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #63
whiteylovesbeer
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbassist View Post
=================================================
::::::: Mod Name: Custom Mounted Fogs
::::::: Why Worth It: Looks good, adds light
::::::: Cost:$10-$100+ depending on brand
::::::: Where to buy: Anywhere with car stuff
::::::: Time required:1-3 hours
::::::: Difficulty: Easy
::::::: DIY: Dremel tool, razor blade
::::::: Picture(s):
Did you just mount them in your bumper? I hope you put some type of alignment on them so they don't look like your jeep has downs
__________________
96 ZJ I6 MudBug- Sold
04 WJ v8 Wifes... :(
whiteylovesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #64
misfit77
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: tucson, az
Posts: 616
I scored a set a few weeks ago for $24. I plan on buying a universal 15watt HID kit.

98Silver...did you use any kind of sealant to keep crud out?
I was thinking of using some weather seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98SilverBullet View Post
=================================================
::::::: Mod Name: rear hatch lights
::::::: Why Worth It: rear lighting when needed
::::::: Cost: $10 so far, with new bulbs $30
::::::: Where to buy: junkyard off oldsmobile aurora
::::::: Time required: 1-2hrs
::::::: Difficulty:
::::::: DIY: out of 10, 3
::::::: Picture(s):
=================================================

rear lights i sunk into my tailgate and they bolt on throught the factory plate holes


misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #65
jeepinbassist
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Murray, UT
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteylovesbeer View Post
Did you just mount them in your bumper? I hope you put some type of alignment on them so they don't look like your jeep has downs
I aligned them and then put black caulk on them to hold them in. But I'm going to switch them out for driving lights that are brighter.
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #66
misfit77
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: tucson, az
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbassist View Post
I aligned them and then put black caulk on them to hold them in. But I'm going to switch them out for driving lights that are brighter.
Thats why I was thinking foam weatherseal...so I can take them in and out.
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #67
jeepinbassist
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Murray, UT
Posts: 426
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #68
Football47
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 237
I need more ideas...
__________________
Can't beat a Jeep
Football47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #69
BenJammin
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: higganum, connecticut
Posts: 172
::::::: Mod Name: Home Depot snorkel
::::::: Why Worth It: brings your air filter over the roof for deep water fording, draws in cooler air for better power
::::::: Cost:~65.00
::::::: Where to buy: home depot/lowes
::::::: Time required:2-4 hours
::::::: Difficulty: 7 out of 10
::::::: DIY: sawzall, hole saw, drill, ABS pipe, hose clamps, home heating oil tank vent cap, abs cement, 5/8s heater hose
::::::: Picture(s):









BenJammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #70
BenJammin
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: higganum, connecticut
Posts: 172
:::::: Mod Name: my "MOVE" im mean front end
::::::: Why Worth It: looks cool, lets people know your driving a bad *** jeep
::::::: Cost: 5.00
::::::: Where to buy: home depot/lowes
::::::: Time required:~1 hour
::::::: Difficulty: 1.5-2 out of 10
::::::: DIY:any color paint and a roll of tape

BenJammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #71
95knight
Member
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammin View Post
::::::: Mod Name: Home Depot snorkel
::::::: Why Worth It: brings your air filter over the roof for deep water fording, draws in cooler air for better power
::::::: Cost:~65.00
::::::: Where to buy: home depot/lowes
::::::: Time required:2-4 hours
::::::: Difficulty: 7 out of 10
::::::: DIY: sawzall, hole saw, drill, ABS pipe, hose clamps, home heating oil tank vent cap, abs cement, 5/8s heater hose
::::::: Picture(s):
Question: Are you not running a air filter?!?!
95knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:07 AM   #72
jeepinbassist
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Murray, UT
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammin View Post
:::::: Mod Name: my "MOVE" im mean front end
::::::: Why Worth It: looks cool, lets people know your driving a bad *** jeep
::::::: Cost: 5.00
::::::: Where to buy: home depot/lowes
::::::: Time required:~1 hour
::::::: Difficulty: 1.5-2 out of 10
::::::: DIY:any color paint and a roll of tape

I like the teeth on the grill, I've never seen that done before.
jeepinbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #73
Syncityj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammin View Post
:::::: Mod Name: my "MOVE" im mean front end
::::::: Why Worth It: looks cool, lets people know your driving a bad *** jeep
::::::: Cost: 5.00
::::::: Where to buy: home depot/lowes
::::::: Time required:~1 hour
::::::: Difficulty: 1.5-2 out of 10
::::::: DIY:any color paint and a roll of tape

The teeth look funny. Not that they look bad, it just made me chuckle.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #74
Syncityj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
Can't believe no one posted this one yet! Just finished it today.

=================================================
::::::: Mod Name: TJ Gas Bezel Mod
::::::: Why Worth It: Looks clean, gas door won't get ripped off wheeling
::::::: Cost: ~$15
::::::: Where to buy: JY, Quadratec, 4WD, wherever would sell a TJ gas bezel
::::::: Time required: 1-3hrs
::::::: Difficulty: Out of 10: 2-3 (the bolts for the door can be a PITA to get to)
::::::: DIY: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/t...el-zj-1129094/
::::::: Picture(s):
=================================================
I really like this. Looks clean and factory. Nice work.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #75
BenJammin
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: higganum, connecticut
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95knight View Post
Question: Are you not running a air filter?!?!
the vent cap has a fine screen in it, and i have a UNI foam dirtbike filter in the 3" tube under the hood
BenJammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.