Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Cheap axle truss

842 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Varkyl 
#1 ·
This may not be to good for rock climbing but it keeps my D30 from hitting the ground when I land jumps.

Cost $6.95 + tax from Lowes. I love cheap that works!:thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
not too shabby there. That would help rock crawling. Tires go on rocks, not axles.

Hunter

#6 ·
Yes that is a RK set up, I am not very impressed with it, but it works and I don't have time to fab everything myself.

The truss wouldn't last to long it the rocks, but I purpose built it for the sand (not to many rocks around here and no time for much more than a day trip.

#7 ·
sand zj said:
Yes that is a RK set up, I am not very impressed with it, but it works and I don't have time to fab everything myself.

The truss wouldn't last to long it the rocks, but I purpose built it for the sand (not to many rocks around here and no time for much more than a day trip.
My condolences on the RK product. The reason I was wondering, was the funky bracket on the drag link to knuckle. It seems to be a very odd thing to do. The tie rod looks a little like Searcher's steering conversion but with more bend to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.