changing steering U Joints - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > changing steering U Joints

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Mrrell

changing steering U Joints

Im changing my steering U Joints ...but thats not the problem I can handle that ....after I pull out the hubs is there some type of clip in side the diff case that needs to come off before I pull or would they just slide right out ...please help ....this is a back yard job is there any easier way

Mrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

sounds like you are changing the axle u joints, not steering u joints. and no, there is no clips holding the axles in on the front. they just slide out.
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

And there is no need to start multiple threads

Unread 07-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Mrrell

Great thanks any pointers to look out for ....so that means I dont reall6 have to take over the cover
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
Mrrell

Well excuse me cyclops but it wasnt going thru
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

Never messed with the u-joint style axles but I just replaced one of my front cv's so the prices should be almost the same. Only issue I ran into was getting the top hub bolt loose. I'd suggest you spray them down with pb blaster a couple days before you do it to help with that
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.