Changing speakers in 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Changing speakers in 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 11-27-2002, 12:18 PM   #1
sgtrahanlsu

Changing speakers in 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hi there!

I'm a newbie here and I had a question about changing/replacing the speakers in my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.

I already have the replacements (4 - 6.5" 3-way speakers), and I was simply wondering if I had to remove the entire door panels to change them.

If so, I will not be doing it myself, but if the original speaker casings simply pop off, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks in advance!
Have a great day!

sgtrahanlsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2002, 08:45 PM   #2
Orangeman009

I have a 94' ZJ and I do have to remove the whole door panel to remove the speakers.
Orangeman009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2002, 10:04 AM   #3
ALS59LTD
2003 TJ Wrangler 

if you are going to pull the door panels off, be carefull not to break the plastic door clips that hold the door panel on. when i replaced my front speakers i broke about 7 of them. if my memory serves, there are 3 screws also. you can get the clips at the dealer for about $2 a piece. i installed 6 3/4" speakers in my jeep and they just fit, a friend of mine used 6.5" in his and he had to do some creative rigging to get them to fit. maybe it was just the brand he used. What kind of speakers did you get?
Unread 12-03-2002, 03:50 PM   #4
FutureZJOwner

Hey thanks!

One of the rear 6 x 9s is cracked and makes a crappy rattling sound when the bass is up in my SE with the IG sound system..do you think that it would cost alot for it? It's the driver side rear speaker

thanks!

It's not a car, a truck, or an SUV. It's a Jeep. There's only one.
FutureZJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.