changing lower radiator hose need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > changing lower radiator hose need help

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-05-2009, 05:58 AM   #1
clyde8286
1995 ZJ 

changing lower radiator hose need help

just wondering if anyone had tips on how to do this. I have a jeep book but didn't know if there are any easy tips or maybe a problem I will run into.

clyde8286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
indianajeep

2005 WK 

sometimes the hose becomes stuck on the radiator flange and or the waterpump, making it very difficult to pull or twist off. In that situation, you can use a knife to cut off the hose. You can use a box cutter very carefully to cut the hose lengthwise where it is stuck on the flange. If you do this, the key is to be careful to to gouge the underlying flange on the radiator or waterpump. One the cut is made, the remaining hose can be peeled off. I recommend cleaning the flange with fine grit sand paper so the new hose will have a clean sealing surface. I have used gasket sealant on the new hose to further strengthen the seal.
indianajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 05:46 AM   #3
clyde8286
1995 ZJ 

I got everything replace, but the top part of the lower hose is still leaking. I was going to use a RTV sealant for the hose but the parts store said not too, but do you think it would be ok to do so.
clyde8286 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.