Changing Brakes today...what brand? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Changing Brakes today...what brand?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
adgjqetuo
2004 WJ 

Changing Brakes today...what brand?

Looking into changing the brakes in my WJ. I took a look this morning and they look over 90% worn. Is it a similar process as my ZJ? (I've done them multiple times before).

Also, what brand do you guys reccomend? I've had Duralast Gold on the ZJ, but I don't like how they tend to sweek all the time. - or is that just me? I do like the lifetime warantee though, always a plus.

I want to do it today while i'm off, so it has to be a good brand that I can drive somewhere and get.

Also, is upgrading to slotted rotors a good investment? Or should I just stick to the brakes?

13 Subaru Outback Limited - Current
04 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland - 23k ~ 71k - Sold
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SE - 73k ~ 150k - Sold
adgjqetuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
MeWJWifeZJ
1996 ZJ 

I just put Wagner Thermo Quiets in my 00 WJ. Quiet and clean ceramic pads. No fade yet.
MeWJWifeZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
adgjqetuo
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000WJMN View Post
I just put Wagner Thermo Quiets in my 00 WJ. Quiet and clean ceramic pads. No fade yet.
Actually i'm glad you mentioned that, I was just looking at that brand on Advanceautoparts.com now. We have a store near by. You've had good luck with them so far you said?

How long have you had them?

13 Subaru Outback Limited - Current
04 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland - 23k ~ 71k - Sold
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SE - 73k ~ 150k - Sold
adgjqetuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
MeWJWifeZJ
1996 ZJ 

I used to sell them when I was in the auto parts business and I have used them on many different vehicles. I had a set on my 93 XJ and loved them. The set on my WJ has only been on for 300 miles, but so far so good
MeWJWifeZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.