Changing the allwheel drive to selective 2x4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Changing the allwheel drive to selective 2x4

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-04-2004, 02:36 PM   #1
chetzx

Changing the allwheel drive to selective 2x4

Im thinking about buying a jeep grand cherokee. The one i looked at is allwheel drive. I was wondering if there is anything i could do to make it so i can select 2x4 or 4x4. Is there any kits you can buy for this? Or would i need to change the transfer case to make it selective 2x4 4x4.

chetzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #2
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetzx
Im thinking about buying a jeep grand cherokee. The one i looked at is allwheel drive. I was wondering if there is anything i could do to make it so i can select 2x4 or 4x4. Is there any kits you can buy for this? Or would i need to change the transfer case to make it selective 2x4 4x4.

You would have to change the transfer case. While this is a fairly popular swap, you may not want to change it out. It really depends on what kind of driving you intend to do. If you are going to be doing mostly on road driving, the Quadra Trac is an absolute gem in the ice and snow. If you are going to be doing mostly offroad, the Select Trac will handle the stress much better.

HTH
Unread 06-04-2004, 03:02 PM   #3
Buddha_Kip
2000 WJ 

You'll pretty much have to switch your transfer case out to a 242.
Buddha_Kip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
chetzx

I would be doing quite a bit of offroading as well as some burnouts here and there so thats why i want the select-trac option
chetzx is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.