CD Player Replacement Options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > CD Player Replacement Options

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-02-2004, 09:24 PM   #1
muzicman82
2011 WK 

CD Player Replacement Options

I have a 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited. It has the Infinity sound system with the CD Player/Cassette system and wheel controls. Are there any replacements available which support the wheel controls? I would hate to get any old CD Player and leave the wheel controls useless... The same unit is going for around $200 on eBay right now, which seems expensive... I need a replacement because it is skipping on brand new CDs... and I've disassembled it and cleaned it a few times already...

Any suggestions!?

muzicman82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2004, 09:34 PM   #2
Buddha_Kip
2000 WJ 

With PAC's SWI interface you can use pretty much any head unit (many Sony's don't accept it....check the list in the product description) and still retain the steering wheel controls.

PAC's SWI page
Buddha_Kip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2004, 10:04 PM   #3
DrewT

I like the Alpine CDA-9807. No HU will be able to directly support the steering wheel controls. That HU is a little over $200 on hookedontronics.com. Good Luck...

-Drew
DrewT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2004, 11:59 PM   #4
tbone31

i have an alpine head unit and its the best deck ive ever owned. lots of good features simple to use and im sure most of your stering wheel controls will work with them at least the important ones, volume , station, song skip.

1993 zj laredo FOR SALE, check the for sale section for details. or email TL05uo@brocku.ca
tbone31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.