CCv, PCV - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > CCv, PCV

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 04-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
sjm0913
1998 ZJ 

CCv, PCV

Guys, I am trying to find the breather tube that goes from the valve cover to the air filter. Mine is a Grand Cherokee 1998 and has a curved tube at the end. Does not connect to the passenger side of air filter, it connects to the drivers side.
Cannot find it .anywhere.

Thanks

sjm0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #2
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

I don't really understand your description of the hose location. You stated "Does not connect to the passenger side of air filter, it connects to the drivers side." The tube that goes from the valve cover to the airbox lid attaches to a nipple on the right hand (passenger) side of the airbox lid, no nipple on the left (drivers). If that's the one you're looking for it's part #53032031.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
sjm0913
1998 ZJ 

Ken:
The breather tube I am looking for is the one that goes from the ccv or pcv (as other call it) to the air box but hooks up to the driver's side, or left when sitting on the drivers side.
thanks
steve
sjm0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

When you say you can't find it anywhere, do you mean you are looking for a new part? And I noticed your profile says you have a 98 WJ but there was no 98 WJ, so you have a ZJ I think. Only reason I mention it is because maybe you were looking for WJ parts?

My '96 also connects to the driver's side of the airbox though, on the collar that connects to the air cleaner tube that goes to the throttle body. I just tried to look for the part, but you're right, I can't find it anywhere. All I'm seeing is ones that connect to the passenger side of the airbox.
Mine looks like this -
http://www.hitechautoparts.co.nz/res.../1129/main.jpg
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

Steve

I apologize for my mistaken description on the hose location. I was just looking at one of my catalogs when I said that, and the illustration is incorrect. Yes, on both of my 98 ZJ 4.0's the tube goes from the front CCV fitting on the valve cover to the nipple on the left side of the air cleaner lid.

Anyway the part number you're looking for is still 53032031 and is supposed to include the short straight rubber hose, the u-shaped rubber hose, and the plastic tube in between.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.