CB radio mounting locations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > CB radio mounting locations

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

CB radio mounting locations

I want to buy a CB for my jeep, preferably one that also has a PA system, but I'm not sure where to mount it. I have seen people put it by the drivers right knee, but it seems like I would be hitting it all the time. Where have you guys put yours? Also on a different note I'm installing a safari bar to add a little extra lighting, any good ideas on switch mounting locations for said lights?

Timothy_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Tigggger
1995 ZJ 

When I get mine I'ma mount it inside the center console.
Tigggger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

yeah, that might be good. Finally got an iTrip so I can take out all the CDs that are in there anyway
Unread 03-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

just got rid of my itrip... sold it 20 bucks... i have the alpine so i just threw my ipod in the glove and never seen it since haha..
i seen the CB mounted on the right side of the steering wheel i really like it but i have adjustable pedals in my WJ so i definitely cant do that and i dont want to have my console open when i use it...
where else can it go...
Unread 03-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

Right side of the steering wheel sounds like a winner for the CB, I assume you mean mounting it to the bottom of the dash? Does anyone have any good easy locations to mount the light switch?
Unread 03-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
Tigggger
1995 ZJ 

I'm gonna mount an external speaker(just don't know where yet) and drill a whole either through the top of the console or on the drivers side, most likely the drivers side so I can put the mike holder there. The top of the console will only need opening when changing the channel.
Unread 03-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #7
daufuskieraised
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy90 View Post
I want to buy a CB for my jeep, preferably one that also has a PA system, but I'm not sure where to mount it. I have seen people put it by the drivers right knee, but it seems like I would be hitting it all the time. Where have you guys put yours? Also on a different note I'm installing a safari bar to add a little extra lighting, any good ideas on switch mounting locations for said lights?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/cb-radio-mount-problem-resolved-698660/
I still need to get some kind of trim to go around it, but I think it looks good. I tried to find a place to mount it for a long time and this is by far, my favorite. Never in the way either.. The knee location, either side, was good for a while but got annoying.
Magnet antenna
daufuskieraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #8
Timothy_90
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698660
I still need to get some kind of trim to go around it, but I think it looks good. I tried to find a place to mount it for a long time and this is by far, my favorite. Never in the way either.. The knee location, either side, was good for a while but got annoying.
That looks pretty awesome, I bet I could wire the light switch into the same place I guess now I need to buy a CB
Unread 03-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #9
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy90 View Post
Right side of the steering wheel sounds like a winner for the CB, I assume you mean mounting it to the bottom of the dash? Does anyone have any good easy locations to mount the light switch?
sight side of the steering wheel again haha and ya bottom of the dash... but this time on the top side of the botton dash haha ill take some pics of my swtich that i have there was a hole there when i bout it but nothin there so i put a switch which i plan to use in the future
Unread 03-08-2009, 01:55 AM   #10
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I`ll post a pic for you in a few hours of my setup
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2009, 03:36 AM   #11
RrCoX22
1997 ZJ 

seems that when I start doing some research for WHAT cb radio to purchase... it's going in between the center console and driver seat. of course dimensions are going to have a play in this
Unread 03-08-2009, 04:01 AM   #12
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Here ya go, Midaland CB with PA option. Never once hit my knee on it. I also need a new windshield.

WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #13
sandman
1993 ZJ 

^^ lol thats exactly where mine is mounted and thats the same CB i have. the only thing different is where i mounted the mic hook.
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #14
Tigggger
1995 ZJ 

I'm not doggin' that kind of set up but I'm only 5'9" and have the seat sled all the way back and I still feel cramped. The last thing I need is more cubic inches gone from my leg area. However Fraser, we have our GPS's in the same spot! lol
Unread 03-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead1986 View Post
I'm not doggin' that kind of set up but I'm only 5'9" and have the seat sled all the way back and I still feel cramped. The last thing I need is more cubic inches gone from my leg area. However Fraser, we have our GPS's in the same spot! lol
You won't have any problems hitting your knee on the CB in that location. I have mine there too and I've never had a problem. (6' & seat almost all the way up and back)

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.