cb Antenna location problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > cb Antenna location problem

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-18-2002, 08:15 AM   #1
fReAkY_dIvEr

cb Antenna location problem

I have a quick question regarding CB antenna location on my 98 ZJ with Surco safari type style roof rack. If I get a roof mount antenna and then load the rack with luggage, and if the antenna is still poking out of the top of a full load of luggage, is that still a good ground plane???

Thanks in advance...

fReAkY_dIvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2002, 03:55 PM   #2
JeffsJGC

Should be fine, RF waves can travel through cement walls (not well, but they can)so the luggage or whatever you would put up there shouldn't bother it.
Unread 02-20-2002, 12:00 PM   #3
fReAkY_dIvEr

What would happen if the antenna were to touch the metal of the rack? Would this blow my system up?

Thanks in advance!
fReAkY_dIvEr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.