Originally Posted by rlcii77
my Orvis' never did notify me, by a CEL, that the cat. was even missing, when indeed it is/was... lol
to give a possible explanation of this phenomenon, I suspect that you have not driven the drive cycle required to make the monitor valid.
if you want to try to turn your light on, do this.
Catalyst Monitor Drive Trace
- MIL must be off.
- No DTCs present.
- Fuel level is between 15% and 85% full.
- ECT above 70º F.
- Engine must have run at least 90 seconds
- Engine between 1,350 & 1,900 rpm.
1) Idle vehicle for five minutes (to reach closed loop operation).
2) Drive with a steady vehicle speed between 30 and 45 mph for 2 minutes.