Carsound cat question, need help. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Carsound cat question, need help.

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 06-29-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
UM John

Carsound cat question, need help.

Ok I have heard all you guys talk about the carsound cat and it was the best all around cat. well My 96 ZJ limited has that nasty rattling in the cat so I'm gonna replace it and get a flowmaster while im at it. I'm just wondering if I get this cat off ebay, will it fit my car. I'm gonna have a shop do all the welding and crap.

Thanks!

Sorry, forgot link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...908299324&rd=1

Last edited by UM John; 06-29-2004 at 10:41 PM..
UM John is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2004, 09:37 AM   #2
UM John

Am I an idiot? Why is nobody giving me an answer.
UM John is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
PlatinumZJ
Senior Moment Member

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UM John
Ok I have heard all you guys talk about the carsound cat and it was the best all around cat. well My 96 ZJ limited has that nasty rattling in the cat so I'm gonna replace it and get a flowmaster while im at it. I'm just wondering if I get this cat off ebay, will it fit my car. I'm gonna have a shop do all the welding and crap.

Thanks!

Sorry, forgot link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...908299324&rd=1
What size engine do you have? the 2.5" in/out are OK for the I6, you probably want a 3" in/out for a V8, the other part of the question is will it take the propoer O2 sensor.
Doug
Links: Kevin (AKA KOR) for ZJ & WJ stuff,
Kolak for performance stuff. I6 performance info at Dino's jeep 4.0 performance site
Other stuff: Kevin's Roof Rack. KOR sliders, Bored 62mm TB, Blaupunkt Bermuda w/ ipod, Brembo Slotted rotors,
OME steering stabilizer, H4 headlight upgrade...
PlatinumZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2004, 12:54 PM   #4
m3photo

Idiot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UM John
Am I an idiot? Why is nobody giving me an answer.
Well, if being an idiot is equivalent to not being bothered to do a little research yourself - you've found the answer.

I'm an idiot, but for many other reasons that have little to do with what car I drive. However, I trust you'll like what you read at:
http://search.stores.ebay.com/search...&submit=Search
the only drawback being they're $92.15 but I guess they're worth it from what I see in the drawing and the fact that it means you're doing your bit against lead pollution etc.

All the best,
m.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.