carpet wet - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > carpet wet

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
98zjkidd
1998 ZJ 

So my drivers side carpet is soaked its been raining for two days and havnt drove it any where and cannot find where the waters coming from. Anyone else have this problem?

98zjkidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Check your door surrounds or rubber seal, whatever it's called. I also heard that the area under your windshield if the drains get clogged it fills up with water and can leak. Someone can help with the name...
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
98zjkidd
1998 ZJ 

Thanks ill check those tomorrow if it stops raining
Unread 05-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Update yet?
Unread 05-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
98zjkidd
1998 ZJ 

Nope still pouring out maybe tomorrow. I hate not having a garage
Unread 05-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Hopefully you got a tarp on it.
Unread 06-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
Eds97ZJ

I have this same problem. This sucks!! This is rain water problem drivers side sometimes an inch laying on my floor mats n in carpet every time it pours. ( NOT THE AC DRAIN PROBLEM )

So how do I fix this? I read other post about the sunroof tubes but looked behind plastic A columns saw nothing.. I can never see any water dripping anywhere. I did see a couple water bubbles on the boot at steering column but not enough for all water I'm getting. How do I fix this before I'm Flint stoning my *** places. LOL
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eds97ZJ View Post
I have this same problem. This sucks!! This is rain water problem drivers side sometimes an inch laying on my floor mats n in carpet every time it pours. ( NOT THE AC DRAIN PROBLEM )

So how do I fix this? I read other post about the sunroof tubes but looked behind plastic A columns saw nothing.. I can never see any water dripping anywhere. I did see a couple water bubbles on the boot at steering column but not enough for all water I'm getting. How do I fix this before I'm Flint stoning my *** places. LOL
I had the same issue, if you look on the sides just between/underneath the windshield cowl and the edge of your hood there is probably some dried up sealant there. Scrape it out and clean well and apply more sealant. I used rtv because I had it laying around, no more leaks. It's a little easier to get to if you pop your hood but I was able to do it without removing the cowl.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
Eds97ZJ

Thx I'll check it out.
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Yeah, check the seams. Not a common problem but it happens.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/u...g-now-1486548/
Might have to pull the dash and soak it with a hose. Sucks, but in the end it's worth it I guess.
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #11
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Yep, sounds like a door seal issue.
Dont laugh, but once I was on vacation and the dreaded AC drain clogged while I was on Padre Island at the beach. Had an inch of water on the floor. Stopped at a boat dealer at Port Aransas, borrowed a cordless drill and drilled two 1/4" holes in the passenger floorboard, right thru the carpet so it would drain ! My lady friend was thrilled that the water drained out.

Got back home and filled them with silicone.
A man has to do what he has to do sometimes....

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
Jons59ZJ
1998 ZJ 

I have a soggy driver's side wet carpet as well. I'm replacing all the door seals on door and Jeep to hopefully fix the problem. I can actually see the water/rust stains on the area of the side of the dash when the door closes and rest next to it. It's not crazy, but enough to get wet over time. I hate the wet dog smell when I get in it. To assist in drying, let the Jeep run, put the A/C on high, but turn it to heat. It'll help pull the moisture out so you don't get mold/mildew.

Thanks
98ZJ 5NINER-Trail Ready Front w/ Grill Guard--Rugged Ridge 8500lb-IRO 5 1/2"LA Fully Adj.Kit-16x8 Pro Comp 7089 Flat Black-35x12.5 Pro Comp Mudd Terrains--Upgraded to NP231HD-Tom Woods Rear Shaft-Rusty's Intake-K&N Filter--ADDCO F & R Sway bars, Currie HD Steering-3"Cat back w/ Flowmaster 50-TireGate HG Series Rear tire carrier
Jons59ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
Eds97ZJ

I fixed the windshield but still getting water. It's coming in at top either the screws in roof rack or sunroof tubes clogged. I'm going to seal the screws tomorrow (what should I use to seal screws?) Can somebody tell me how to find the sunroof drains? Or better yet show me a picture where they end so I can blow air through them. Thanks
Unread 10-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
Eds97ZJ

OK did little more research n found this pic of where drain tubes are at. I hope he doesn't mind me reposting this here. The funny thing is, this is exactly where the water is coming in on my floor. In the front driver side. I can watch the water pool at that spot so guess it is the drains. Is shooting air up there the best way to unclog them or should I try weed eater trimmer line? I guess I have to open sunroof to blow it out right? Rather not you never know if they will close again at this age.
Unread 10-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
Eds97ZJ

Pic wont post??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.