carpartswholesale - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > carpartswholesale

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
cloiselle
2001 WJ 

carpartswholesale

does any one have any experience or input with a company named carpartswholesale that sells replacement parts off of ebay.com?

i'm only looking to get a new stock front and rear bumper for my 2001 wj, nothing mechanical... and was curious about their quality and how legit their parts and fitment are?

i was quoted at $257 for each the front and rear bumpers from my local body shop and found them on this ebay site for around $100 each, smooth texture and primered , not the textured laredo ones which wouldn't paint up right.

was hoping someone knew about this company and their products, it would save me a great deal of money and i could just have my body shop paint and fit these parts for me,

bringing the qouted total of $1100 down to the $600 range for labor and paint costs.

Last edited by cloiselle; 08-05-2009 at 11:15 PM..
cloiselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
TMCXJ
1996 ZJ 

I've had dealings with them and never had any problems.
"...a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason." Thomas Paine
TMCXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Aren't those just cheapy body parts?

If so, I have great news for you.... certi-fit.com
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
cloiselle
2001 WJ 

yes , i am going as CHEAP as possible, just trying to get the dub back together after hitting a few things ( bumpers only ) wheeling this past week.

thanks for your input guys, ordered up a front and rear bumper, and two new rear tails . $ 580 , i'll still need paint and lobor $ though.. .bahhhhhh
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #5
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

wait a freakin minute. if you want cheap as possible, why didnt you buy from certi-fit??

I still have that OEM passenger side tail light in perfect condition for sale that you PM'd me about. I might have an OEM driver side one too, from my WJ.
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
cloiselle
2001 WJ 

i'm just going with a new pair, sorry bud ! for $90 for both i couldnt refuse, plus my guy said it'd come out way cleaner with new ones ( tinting them black and leaving the reverse white that is )

i haven't even had time to check out your offered site, thanks though.

had to order it while the pops was still up, my credit card is non existent after losing my wallet for the second time in two month.
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Ok because Laredo bumpers are $50 each and Limited ones are $100 each. So thats about $390-290 cheaper than what you paid.

No shipping either, they have locations in IL.
Unread 08-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #8
cloiselle
2001 WJ 

i just read 146 for limited front and 138 for limited rear at certifit's online catalog, not bad prices i'm sure it'd be lower at their store. addison IL isn't to far away i'll def. keep that in mind for future purchases,

i almost talked myself into getting laredo bumpers and side molding for my limited and painting them black since my wheels are black, but i quickly talked myself back out of that. it'd just look odd.... laredimited to say.
Unread 08-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #9
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

The front Limited bumper is only $54 dude. $46 less than I said. Rear one is 148, but I can get that down to 114 for you with my discount.
Unread 08-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #10
MAUSS
1996 ZJ 

I wish there was a Certifit store near me... I need some VW parts. The closest ones are in Raleigh or Baltimore. I've bought stuff from Carpartswholesale before and at least they ship.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.