canadian suspension question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > canadian suspension question

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 07-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
taz95zj
1995 ZJ 

canadian suspension question

do the stock Canadian spec have different springs than the US spec? I parked next to another ZJ with the same size tires and I sat higher.... I have no lift installed yet which I came to the conclusion neither did this other jeep since I was taller... and then I see other ZJs in town and I sit higher than all of them... if I have the up country how do I tell visually?

taz95zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

u mm, ur in nevada? why the canadian question?

they are all the same.

upcountry? you should have stickers or something. check for blue shocks. that will also let you know.. also, you'd have gas tank/tcase/engine skids and front towhooks.

maybe your jeep is just cooler and the ones you['ve parked by are i6 jeeps? or have sagged springs?
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:07 AM   #3
taz95zj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ
u mm, ur in nevada? why the canadian question?

they are all the same.

upcountry? you should have stickers or something. check for blue shocks. that will also let you know.. also, you'd have gas tank/tcase/engine skids and front towhooks.

maybe your jeep is just cooler and the ones you['ve parked by are i6 jeeps? or have sagged springs?
lol yup in Nevada but got the sticker under the hood that says canadian and had day time running lights. and I think they might have been i6 lol even my buddies i6 on 30" mtr(they run like 30.5) next to mine with 31" A/T my door handles are much higher and I even have more clearance and a bigger gap in the wheel wells

Last edited by taz95zj; 07-17-2011 at 07:33 AM..
Unread 07-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
Foundrydude
1995 ZJ 

96-later is several hundred pounds heavier yet there seems to be no change to the springs. Towing package will also raise the rear a half inch or so but doesn't have a sticker to announce it. Meaning a tow package 95 is going to look like an upcountry parked next to the average 97.

Between tread depth and variation between manufacturers, "same size" tires can be an inch different.
Foundrydude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

sounds like you have the upcountry package to me.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
taz95zj
1995 ZJ 

well I do have the tow package and that all kinda makes sense lol can't wait for the install of my BB. thanks for the info everybody. and my shocks are silver

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.