Can you name this part? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Can you name this part?

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
capcyclone

1998 ZJ 

Can you name this part?

So in my continued effort to cure my random interior light flashes, I'm trying to identify the parts that might be causing the issue. While I'm in there (for the third time now) - I'm going to replace the latches & switches that operate the lift gate glass.

Take a look at the pic I attached. It's a decent parts diagram, but it doesn't identify all the parts. I can identify and source #19 and #17 in the diagram, but what is the part that I pointed to in the pic? It seems to be working okay, but if I'm going to replace 17 & 19....I'm thinking I might as well replace that switch as well.

Anyone that has had to do this - am I on the right track? Will replacing #17 help with the seemingly random interior light flashes?

lift-gate-diagram.jpg  
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

lift-glass.jpg

Out of a 1998 parts manual. It is a little confusing. #21 has a part number of4882916 but liftgate latch without switch is 56005640. Usually glitchy interior courtesy lamps are the headlight switch dimmer or a short in the overhead console.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.