can you have 2 factory amps? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > can you have 2 factory amps?

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
grand95zj
1995 ZJ 

can you have 2 factory amps?

hey ive been curious about if you can some how bridge together 2 of the factory style jeep amps together? i was thinking that if i got a amp from the JY and kept the wire harnest that i could just link wires ffrom both amps? do you think this will work? i honestly had to 12s running off of my factory amp and it sounded not bad @ all no lie, probably because of the hatch back but still it sounded good for what it was. please give input

grand95zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
grand95zj
1995 ZJ 

anyone have an idea of what i mean????
Unread 11-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
neodamonkey

Why not get an aftermarket amp?
neodamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
JFox21
1996 ZJ 

Yeah, just get an aftermarket amp, no sense in trying to wire up two factory amplifiers.

If your running subs then just wire them together and buy a mono block amplifier.

Here's a link to the wiring diagrams to wire them together for a mono amp.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams

Sophomore at Santa Clara University
JFox21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
-cAcHe-
1996 ZJ 

FREE SHIPPING MillionBuy.Com - Los Angeles, selling Car Audio, Video including Power Acoustik, Boss, Pioneer, Kicker, Infinity, Lanzar, car audio, installation kits, speakers, subwoofers, car amplifiers, capacitors.

your welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWK View Post
I like happy endings :2thumbsup:
RIP Troy Edwards (bigbluezj94)
-cAcHe- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
grand95zj
1995 ZJ 

i know what you guys mean.. but there are so many zj's in my local JY.. i was trying to get a lot of stuff from there to keep costs down. im not rich like some of the guys on here lol.. they upgrade like every 3 days. then shows like 2 pages of new upgrades lol I WISH
Unread 11-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
spife7980
1997 ZJ 

you cant bridge together 2 factory amps, they will be sending power into the output of each other which will trash them, unless you mean not wiring them together and running each amp to say a separate sub but when you do that you will be sending too high of a frequency signals into the subs. just do it right and get a sub amp.
JCR Stage 2 Sliders, IRO Trans Skid, Carolina Drive shaft, IRO exhaust
spife7980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
grand95zj
1995 ZJ 

thanks man
Unread 11-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Best option is 1 factory amp to run the speakers, 1 aftermarket one for the subs. You don't have to go crazy on the power, unless you have inefficient subs or want horribly overdone bass (compared to the rest of the sound).
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
Tiggerrrrr
1995 ZJ 

If you really want to try it, get an amp from a junkyard with the plugs and as much of the wires as you can. Splice ALL the input wires together and run a crossover between the amp and subs to filter out the highs. Unless you're looking to annoy everyone with obnoxious bass, this will work just fine.

Looking for a REAR tow hook and bracket!
Tiggerrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.