Can you find this? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Can you find this?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
MyZJ98
1997 ZJ 

Yeah they've got two rears for sale for $450/ea right now

'98 ZJ Laredo, 4.0L, 140K, NP242, stock. (Sold @205k)
'99 WJ Laredo, 4.7L, 175K, NP249, stock. (Sold @240k)
'97 ZJ Limited, 4.0L, 109K, NP249, stock.(Current)
MyZJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

I have one with drum brakes, its got about 180k on it, pinion is leaking a little, but its yours if you want it, and if you can make it work, just to hold you over until you find a better one. I'm in tolland, so you wouldn't have to travel far at all.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #18
MyZJ98
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
I have one with drum brakes, its got about 180k on it, pinion is leaking a little, but its yours if you want it, and if you can make it work, just to hold you over until you find a better one. I'm in tolland, so you wouldn't have to travel far at all.
Are you serious?! And Tolland is literally right around the corner, I used to live in Vernon. Dude that would be awesome, seriously... Just a couple questions; is it a d35 w/3.73's? Is it your old axle? Is it off an older ZJ, and if so, what year? If I can figure out the brake situation, I could take it off your hands like this weekend. Thanks a million for the offer man, I REALLY appreciate this, it would at least buy me some time to figure out a long-term solution, and would be worth it to put in a new pinion seal and maybe wheel bearings even during the swap. I really appreciate it again. Now...

That being said, do you or anyone know if I would be able to take my '97s disc brake setup and swap it onto an older drum brake setup? I would assume it should just be a hardware swap since I already have the abs pump n master cylinder, right? It's definitely worth the swap in my opinion.

Unread 09-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #19
CatSplat
Derp.

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZJ98 View Post
That being said, do you or anyone know if I would be able to take my '97s disc brake setup and swap it onto an older drum brake setup? I would assume it should just be a hardware swap since I already have the abs pump n master cylinder, right? It's definitely worth the swap in my opinion.
From the looks of it, it's pretty straightforward for the D35. You'll likely have to swap your ABS sensors, axle shafts, and parking brake shoes/hardware over from your disc brake axle as well.
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #20
MyZJ98
1997 ZJ 

Man that guy makes it look like a ten minute job. All of my hardware, including my axle shafts and wheel bearings are already in decent shape anyways, so it would be no problem to just remove everything from the donor, and replace with my disc brake equipment. I think all ill really need is diff and brake fluid ultimately.

Unread 09-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #21
MyZJ98
1997 ZJ 

Well today was worse-case scenario. Took it to the shop, the mechanic pulled out the driveway, barely had to go a mile, and could already tell I have a bad pinion & carrier bearing and the races had spun. Quoted $1500 for a full rebuild. Gonna be waiting to hear back from Freestyle at this point, hoping that will work out instead. Thanks guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.