Can You Disarm The Factory Alarm?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Can You Disarm The Factory Alarm??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-09-2003, 06:54 PM   #1
GrandRubicon155

Can You Disarm The Factory Alarm??

I've had my 93' grand in the shop twice now because the alarm goes off at random and the door can't be opened without the alarm going off. Each place has told me you can't disarm the factory alarm. Please help me

GrandRubicon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2003, 08:15 PM   #2
scubatch2

this has happen to a bunch of us.Mine does the same thing.What I do is use the remote to lock the doors,then use the key in the drivers door.Just unlock and then lock again without opening the door.This will disarm the alarm.It's a PITA but its the best thing I've found to do so far.
95 zj 5.2,Re 4.5+3/4in spacer,456's,true-trac frt,trac-lock rear,Hanson rockers,33"MTRs,surco,hella's,high-lift,flow-masters&cat,ax&shovel mounted on rack,onboard air,231 swap,Hanson front & rear bumper,ford elec fan
- jeff-

jeep pics
scubatch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2003, 08:19 PM   #3
ALS59LTD
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i have this problem with my viper alarm. 1 out of every 10 times I disarm the viper, the factory alarm stays armed and when i open my door my air horns go off. i was thinking about putting a relay on my horns so that they can only go off with the ignition on. this seems a little drastic. Has anyone found a better way?
Unread 04-10-2003, 03:12 AM   #4
Interloper

It can be disabled alright. Mine was disabled when I bought it, I didn't even know it had an alarm. I've read at least 4 ways of doing it, everything from cutting wires, pulling fuses, etc. You may want to try www.the12volt.com or post or search over at JU.

You may just have one sensor flaking out somewhere. Maybe an easy fix if you can find out which one. An important thing to note: people are reluctant to share info about disabling alarms on the WWW, for obvious reasons...

HTH

"nobody cares what's underneath," ...Dieter Zetsche
Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2003, 02:00 PM   #5
ALS59LTD
2003 TJ Wrangler 

can you link to where you have read how to disable it? I looked at the 12volt website, there is like endless stuff on there i could not find anything about the factory alarm on a ZJ.
Unread 04-10-2003, 09:29 PM   #6
White cloud
2006 WK 

I just bought a 93 zj and my alarm would just go off at any time. i looked under the hood and the alarm sensor was not fully depressed so i put a shim under the hood contact and that did the trick...or so i thought. then i disconnected the sensor which was corroded and i have not had a problem ever since and the alarm does work but only for the doors.
White cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2003, 11:29 PM   #7
Interloper

Quote:
Originally posted by ALS59LTD
can you link to where you have read how to disable it? I looked at the 12volt website, there is like endless stuff on there i could not find anything about the factory alarm on a ZJ.
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...D=5626&KW=jeep

search or post to their forums for more info...I think the 93-95 and 96-98 are wired differently, not sure...

GrandRubicon155, I hope this helps, but you may want to investigate the sensor issue if you want to keep your alarm.

"nobody cares what's underneath," ...Dieter Zetsche

Last edited by Interloper; 04-11-2003 at 01:18 AM..
Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2003, 05:08 AM   #8
5.9ZJPR

The body control module runs most of the alarm system. When the BCM needs to be replaced, they come from the factory with the alarm feature disabled. The dealer needs to use his DRB computer to turn it on. I don't know whether he can also turn it off.

If all else fails, maybe get a BCM from the junkyard from a GC w/o security system or new from dealer. $?
'98 White 5.9 ZJ, ASD's, Towing Package, 3.5" RE Lift, OME Shocks, Rusty's TC Skid, OME Steering Stab, MOPAR Steering Skid, 245-75/R16 Pirelli Scorpion A/T's on stock 16 x 7 wheels, Rusty's Front Tow Hooks, Kevin's Sliderz
5.9ZJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2003, 06:19 PM   #9
brad335

get a Viper installed...they are awsome.
Unread 04-17-2003, 02:34 PM   #10
ROKN ZJ

I had to disable mine when I took the doors off. First I just pulled the correct wires out of the door and would rub them together, then I pulled the whole keycylinder out of the door and owuld unlock it with that. Obviously neither of these is the best option for someone with a nice ZJ.

My current setup though is a simple button. Just go into the wiring harness in the door, figure out which wires you need. Follow them back out, and wire them to a button. Now when the alarm goes off I just push the button. I don't know if this would help with getting locked out or anything like that though...

Hal

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.