Can somebody tell me what this - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Can somebody tell me what this

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 09-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Jeepdrifkid1996
1995 ZJ 

Can somebody tell me what this

I am talking about the cord that running from the valve cover to the air filter i broke yesterday while changing the valve cover gasket its held on buy electrical tape but that wont last. Does anybody know what it is and where i can get it? Oh and i have zj grand cherokee Laredo with a 4.0l engine if that helps sorry first post so bear with me

image-883047821.jpg

Jeepdrifkid1996 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

CCV, front is a 90 elbow rear has a 1/8 id may as well do both and replace the grommets may be dodge only dont worry they are fairly cheap. Try Not breaking them as they are fairly hard to remove its a pita to remove the valve cover.
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Yes that is your CCV TUBE and FITTING ASSEMBLY, w/o Orifice , part number 53030497.

It is a PITA to get out. You run a chance of busting it when you try to get it out. Be sure none of the pieces drop into the valve train. If they do, you will need to pull the cover. If you pull the cover, you will probably break the one on the back. It's not the same thing. it's a 53030495 TUBE and FITTING ASSEMBLY, w/Orifice

the grommets are 2946 079
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
Jeepdrifkid1996
1995 ZJ 

Ok thanks guys much appreciated.
Jeepdrifkid1996 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #5
firehawk1
1997 ZJ 

Dorman actually makes both elbows now

Front # 47079
Rear #47057
Grommet# 42344
firehawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #6
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

All available at advance auto, but may not be a stocking item. Last one I got was a next day item.
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
SDHarleydad
1994 ZJ 

I cracked mine... I used JB weld to fix it.
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
mckellyb
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHarleydad View Post
I cracked mine... I used JB weld to fix it.
Good man!

JB Weld fixes pretty much anything, at least for a while.

Between it, zip ties, and some two-part epoxy, you're covered for anything but a broken connecting rod.

/humor
Found a white '98 5.9L to be the dedicated 'toad' (towed car), 163K miles, bone stock - '99 Fleetwood Bounder diesel 39Z, our diesel apartment - others: '05 Cadillac STS, N*, my DD, 121K miles w/a new trans @ 114K...thanks, GM; '02 Lexus RX300, every option but a trailer hitch, wife's ride but on OEM size BFG A/Ts
mckellyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.