Can I use a v8 DS CV on an I6 DS? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Can I use a v8 DS CV on an I6 DS?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Iamlew

Can I use a v8 DS CV on an I6 DS?

Bought a driveshaft out of a v8 zj of the same year (93) it's too long and thinner (less diameter)

The CV on mine is completely shot, curious if I can just pull the universals and swap the CV's. They look the same.

If not I'll have to bus back to the junkyard and swap it out lol.

Iamlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

By CV , I have to assume you mean the double-cardon joint , towards the t-case ? I say this as the 93's don't use a CV style front DS , Late 95 and up V8's do .

At which point I say , yes , all the universals will exchange . Note the pinion side universal is different from the 2 in the double cardon joint (referenced parts list). While in there , check and grease the ball centering joint .
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
Iamlew

Yeah I totally meant the double cardigan lol.

I'm having trouble removing mine for some reason. My ball joint in there is what's shot, it's completely separated and there is a bunch of bent/shiny metal.
Iamlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlew View Post
Yeah I totally meant the double cardigan lol.

I'm having trouble removing mine for some reason. My ball joint in there is what's shot, it's completely separated and there is a bunch of bent/shiny metal.
1. its not a sweater Daniel Tosh would wear
2. i used the same ujoints (5) for everything with no problems

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.