Can I trust a 130 4.0 on a 1000 mile trip?? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Can I trust a 130 4.0 on a 1000 mile trip??

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #31
sidescrollin
1950 M-38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phitmein View Post
We are talking about 3 Great Danes and I don't think that they would enjoy a thousand miles cramped, confined and unable to stand up straight in the back of a jeep ...

I liked the minivan idea and I was thinking, that if your car or the Uhaul has a trailer hitch then buy a used single horse trailer ... We are talking Great Danes here ... Buy a jeep later in Atlanta where there are way less rust issues to deal with usually ...
Lol they lay down like puzzle pieces and sleep for almost the entire ride. I saw one today parked with the window down and with the seats folded or removed they would fit just fine.

sidescrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #32
jeffrayy
1998 ZJ 

A friend and I took my ZJ (125k) from Nashville to Beloit KS(800 miles one way) with three Germand shorthaired Pointers in crates. The back was packed with dogs, guns, and hunting clothes. We drove all night, hunted, drove about 100 miles further west and hunted the next day. The third day we drove back to Nashville. Jeep did great and we had room for dogs, crates, and stuff. Since that trip it has been to from Nashville to central florida twice and from Nashville to N.C./GA mountains twice.

I guess what I'm saying is that if the jeep was taken care of at all you should have room for the dogs and it should make the trip. The problem is that you can't even trust this lady to give you answers to your questions on the phone.
jeffrayy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.