can i disable on board info center completely? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > can i disable on board info center completely?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
BAZ-MKE
2004 WJ 

can i disable on board info center completely?

The info center on my '93 4.0 laredo makes annoying beeping noises and displays "washer fluid low" but its fine and "rear lamp failure". Today it displayed "coolant level low" but I checked and it was fine. The message dissapeared next time I started it up. i dont feel like any of the info is vital since the analog gauges tell me the essentials and the jeep is a rusted out beater. Can i disable it completely? If so, how. Thanks

Last edited by BAZ-MKE; 11-21-2012 at 06:34 PM..
BAZ-MKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Ya just remove the bezel covering it(there is i think 6 phillips screws holding it on) unscrew it remove the harness throw it out. I guess the 2wd version had a cubby there you might want to check a junk yard if you are gonna remove it.
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Very simple procedure.
take out the screws holding the dash piece on. there are 2 above the radio, 2 above the VIC, and 2 inside the ash tray. there ae 2 clips that the dash piece is pressed into on either side of the radio. pull from the lower left and right corners of the bezel and it will pop out. unplug the ashtray light and the wires going to the cigarette lighter and set the bezel aside. now is a good time to set the e brake and move the shifter to 1st, gives you a little more room to work. the vic is held in by 3 screws, 2 on top 1 on the bottom. remove these, and the vic should pull out. unplug the harness (2 connectors) from it and either screw it back in, or go to the junkyard and find the cubby box from a 2wd ZJ and put that there. i did the second option, so now i have something functional there. assembly is the reverse of disassembly
dnuccio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.