Cam sensor problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Cam sensor problems

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
ConnorZJ413
1998 ZJ 

Cam sensor problems

I changed my cam sensor a few weeks ago and ulitmately thought I had fixxed te problem. After I expieranced upon just starting my jeep it choking and stalling out, I made a post and was going to get my crank sensor changed but boom the problem occurs again. Now my jeep is in the shop, CEL is reading 2 can sensor related codes... Any ideas? Thanks

ConnorZJ413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

what are the codes exactly? that will help us tell you.
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:08 AM   #3
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Agree with tucsonzj on the codes helping for troubleshooting. And if you're having your codes read at Advance write them down when they run the test.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/c.../#post15491928

Rather than paying a shop big bucks you can test both the cam and crank sensors using the below procedures with an inexpensive multimeter.
camshaft-position-sensor-test-part-1-p.-8d-8.jpg   camshaft-position-sensor-test-part-2-p.-8d-9.jpg   crankshaft-positon-sensor-test-p.-8d-8-fsm.jpg  

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.