Calling all ZJ owners with side steps / rock sliders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Calling all ZJ owners with side steps / rock sliders

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Rockingdad
1998 ZJ 

Calling all ZJ owners with side steps / rock sliders

Hi Everyone,

My wife (yes my wife, clearly the greatest woman alive.....for more than this reason alone) has sourced me some chrome side bars. They are from a toyota but with some minor mods and some brackets made they will go on a treat and look nice and chunky. They are about an inch longer then the side of the ZJ so will need a bit of trimming.

Would anyone be able to take a pic of the underneath of their ZJ so I can see where manufactured steps mount to the body/chassis? Also would anyone be able to measure the distance between the inside edge of the two brackets that they mount with.

I'll do a how to with pictures if anyone is interested.

Cheers

RD

http://birtydastardsjeepclub.com/for...208_1546_1.jpg

Unread 02-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
driabyor
1994 ZJ 

search "sliders" that may help you
driabyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Well,

those are not rock sliders. Those are pure nerf bars. They help for getting in and out. I find it difficult to believe that you need those for a stock vehicle. However, my thoughts on that aside, they can't be hilifted off of. They will not provide much at all for rocker protection. I'm guessing that you're getting them for looks?

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
Schwarzy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
Well,

those are not rock sliders. Those are pure nerf bars. They help for getting in and out. I find it difficult to believe that you need those for a stock vehicle. However, my thoughts on that aside, they can't be hilifted off of. They will not provide much at all for rocker protection. I'm guessing that you're getting them for looks?

Hunter
lol, that just mad me laugh (says it's to short)
Unread 02-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #5
Rockingdad
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Well,

Hunter
I'm getting them cos the missus has trouble getting in and it's going to get a two inch lift. There's not many rocky regions where I live so I don't need rock sliders....just the steps
Unread 02-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
BLACKzj52
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Well,

Hunter
He lives in the UK hunter
My Build Thead
Facebook
Senior at The Ohio State University
BLACKzj52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #7
VTZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockingdad View Post
Hi Everyone,

Would anyone be able to take a pic of the underneath of their ZJ so I can see where manufactured steps mount to the body/chassis?
Try this http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/zj/zjin...zjsliderz.html

And when you get your ZJ up and running, please go humiliate some Land Rovers.
Unread 02-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
BlingBlingZJ
2002 WJ 

I have some side steps on mine I will try and put some pics up soon and I would definitely recommend them I had mines on for 2 days when some punk 17 year old fell asleep on his car and slammed on my side luckily the side step took all the hit but the impact without them could of totaled my jeep. My total repair cost nothing + a new front end suspension his total cost $7000
BlingBlingZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
haumana
kickin' it in the VOG!

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBlingZJ View Post
I have some side steps on mine I will try and put some pics up soon and I would definitely recommend them I had mines on for 2 days when some punk 17 year old fell asleep on his car and slammed on my side luckily the side step took all the hit but the impact without them could of totaled my jeep. My total repair cost nothing + a new front end suspension his total cost $7000
Which side steps were you using?

http://midpacsolutions.com
haumana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
BlingBlingZJ
2002 WJ 

well I still have them on I managed to save the side step that got hit here it is sorry but I don't think I ca post pics yet so this will have to do

http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ict0044qk9.jpg

And for the guy that wanted the pics underneath these are from the rear underneath the control arms

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ict0043lb9.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ict0042la0.jpg

This is for the from also underneath the control arm

http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ict0041tw5.jpg
BlingBlingZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #11
Izzy
1997 ZJ 

The sliders I just installed have the mounting points about 1.5 meters apart. I can take the exact measurements later this evening, and e-mail you some pictures if you would like. PM me your e-mail if you would like the pictures.

Cheers.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #12
Darthteddy
1955 M-38 

Whoops....Had to go back and change all the URLs.
55 Willy's M38a1 - 231v6, 33" Super Swampers, D44 Full Floater Rear, Locked Front and Rear, 5.38 Gears, Viair OBA, Bilsteen 5100 shocks, Dana 18, Turbo 350, S10 Power Steering, Tilt-wheel, Full Cage, Flat Fenders....
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #13
Darthteddy
1955 M-38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBlingZJ View Post
well I still have them on I managed to save the side step that got hit here it is sorry but I don't think I ca post pics yet so this will have to do

And for the guy that wanted the pics underneath these are from the rear underneath the control arms

This is for the from also underneath the control arm

No Clicky Just For You.
55 Willy's M38a1 - 231v6, 33" Super Swampers, D44 Full Floater Rear, Locked Front and Rear, 5.38 Gears, Viair OBA, Bilsteen 5100 shocks, Dana 18, Turbo 350, S10 Power Steering, Tilt-wheel, Full Cage, Flat Fenders....
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.