A/C Pipes are Hot! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > A/C Pipes are Hot!

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 06-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
chris7874

A/C Pipes are Hot!

Ok. The A/C blows cold at first then blows hot; not warm but hot. The length of "cold time" depends on the temperature outside. If it's around 75 degrees it will blow cold for a good 30 minutes. The A/C pipes will be frigid cold and have condensation. If it's 95 degrees out, I get 5-10 minutes of cold at best then it goes hot. At this point the pipes leading from the evaporator to the compressor are HOT as well. The A/C will continue to blow hot until I shut the car off for a few hours. Anybody know whats going on? By the way the system was checked for leaks; no leaks. The pressure on the low side port is right where it should be, 40-45 psi. I've heard this could be a blend door or venting problem. Any thoughts?

chris7874 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

What year GC do you have? Do you have Automatic Zone/Climate Control?
Unread 06-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
chris7874

It's a 2003 GC Laredo with manual climate control
chris7874 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #4
jeep946

sounds like you have a plugged orifice tube it is located in the condenser and yo have to replace the condenser to fix it. i would first hook up both the high side and low side gauges and let it run. then when it starts to blow hot let me know what you readings are and i can help you out from there.
94 Grand Cherokee, 4.6 stroker, 7 inch custom long arm kit, 33x12.50x15 Firestone destinations m/ts, flow-master 40 series, magnaflow high flow cat, locked front and rear, super axle kits front and rear, pioneer head unit, CB on channel 10, and a B&M built transmission, switched from a 231 to a 242, 2000 Grand Cherokee steering and knuckles and brakes, no abs, wildwood adjustable proportioning valve, and lots more
jeep946 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.