A/C leaking water in the passenger side floor. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > A/C leaking water in the passenger side floor.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-10-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
Corrupt
1998 ZJ 

A/C leaking water in the passenger side floor.

I have searched the forums on this subject and all I could find was explanations to where the drain actually was. I have searched in some sections and still am unable to locate the actual drain. Does anybody have a picture that shows what hole in the unibody the drain is in?

***RIP Ratmonkey!!***
Corrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
I have searched the forums on this subject and all I could find was explanations to where the drain actually was. I have searched in some sections and still am unable to locate the actual drain. Does anybody have a picture that shows what hole in the unibody the drain is in?
Read this post, it has an image and all the directions to follow.

The drain is hidden under the passenger side carpeting, you have to peel it back to access the drain for drilling.

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Corrupt
1998 ZJ 

I knew about that fix but didn't want to drill into that piece if I didn't have to. I'd really like to find the hose on the backside of that. Someone said that they was able to locate it in the frame behind that area. I was just wondering about which hole in the frame to look in to maybe be able to spot it.

***RIP Ratmonkey!!***
Unread 05-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

I'd almost say that your over-thinking it, I saw the post by the guy who has found it, (Can't remember who it was though), but that would turn a 5 minute fix into a potentially hour long one.

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
svons7
1996 ZJ 

I believe this is what your looking for. This guy found the back side and shows where to cut into to expose it. good luck

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f5/ac-d...pet-fix-24246/
svons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
Corrupt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by svons7 View Post
I believe this is what your looking for. This guy found the back side and shows where to cut into to expose it. good luck

That's what I need to see. Time to find my dremel. Thanks for the link.

***RIP Ratmonkey!!***
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #7
wyomingchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by svons7 View Post

My '96 Grand Cherokee was a royal pain!!! I first drilled the hole in the center of the round plastic A/C drain housing inside the car and blasted it out with my air compressor. Still had water. Then I sawed the hole, as recommended in another forum, in the fire wall near the front right tire and installed a rubber hose on the end of the short drain tube. Mine had a right angle on it that pointed downward. Still water on the passenger side carpet! Finally!!! the extra step that kept mine dry was I used some putty gunk (for lack of better terms) that is used to seal sections of metal grain bins and fitted that around the space between the fire wall and drain tube. Voila! Now no water on the passenger side floor.

Apparently, there is enough wind flow through the frame member to force the water to soak up into the carpet padding. On mine, I had to seal up the area surrounding the drain tube, because even though the right angle hose made the water drip downward, the air flow through the frame member shot the water back up into the carpet padding. What I found surrounding my drain tube looked like porous foam rubber. No wonder the water accumulated.
wyomingchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.