A/C Compressor clutch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > A/C Compressor clutch

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
KurtLynch

A/C Compressor clutch

I've got at 5.9 ZJ and the Compressor clutch bearing was goin out so I bought a Compressor clutch rebuild kit from eBay. It didn't come with and Instructions showing how to install it. I'm sure I could just put it back together the way I take it apart. But I'm the kinda guy that likes to be on the safe side and have Instructions. So does anyone know where I could find Instructions on rebuilding compressor clutch?
Thanks
Kurt

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

image-3107893363.jpg  
KurtLynch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
classicmetalman

Not trying to be a smart-***, but might wanna try searching either on JF or the internet. I've bought AC parts from ACKits.com and they have a forum for things like this. Give it a shot, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphydajeep View Post
I say you should still hit something just to let it know you mean business, or shake a hammer at it in a menacing fashion
classicmetalman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
KJK
1998 ZJ 

Here's some instructions:

1) Remove 10mm bolt in center of face plate.
2) Pull off face plate.
3) Remove snap ring and pull off pulley/bearing assy.
4) Another snap ring holds the magnet on.
5) The bearing is staked intp the pulley and must be pressed out.
6) The new bearing needs to be pressed in and re-staked with a hammer and a punch. It's most important to support the center of the pulley during these pressing operations because it can be easily distorted if it's supported by the outer edge only.
7) Re-assembly is opposite of removal.

Last edited by KJK; 03-25-2013 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: Spelling
KJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.