Buying a 94 GC tomorrow. ..some questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Buying a 94 GC tomorrow. ..some questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-10-2011, 02:55 AM   #1
Carroll182
1994 ZJ 

Buying a 94 GC tomorrow. ..some questions

Hey thanks for taking the time to stop in...

Before i start, i currently own a 93 GC with the 5.2. The engine is knocking and squeeling TERRIBLY bad. Waiting for warm weather to tear it down and see if its worth fixing.

So now, i decided to get a 4.0. like the title says its a 94 with 179,000 on it. I just want to get a few things figured out so when i get it home I can start on a few things.

Im fairly mechanically inclined by the way, so i will take all the advice you can give...

My first thing is, id like to know what all i need to check/fix/do to it to make sure im not currently having any issues and to prevent future ones. Ive never owned a inline 6 so im pretty new to that. Any sensors i need to check, or gaskets i need to change...etc.

And after test driving it today, i noticed that it has a rough idle while idling in drive (not sure if it does it in park, neutral etc... havent had enough time with it to figure all the small details out.) So i need to know what i could do to fix this.

Yes, i did search a bit, but i didnt find quite what i was looking for.

Thanks for all your help!

Carroll182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:11 AM   #2
Bkuprionas
1997 ZJ 

Rough idle is probably the IAC clean that and while you're there clean the throttle body.
Bkuprionas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

Also bad o2 sensor try unpluging it and seeing if it smooths out. Mine did!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.